Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Did you know?

13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tam,
Thank you for explaining this so well.  Specifically, I find I can learn something like this so well, and it takes away from living.

Yet I find I'm a slow learner.  Maybe what's been slow about me learning, is that learning is in a social environment, where I've been in negative situations, and don't wish to go into them again.

I can certainly find many excuses not to go into situations, but I'm trying to force myself to repeat the experiences with postive outcomes.

13 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Absolutely. I totally walk around fearing another attack when I have one. Its amazing the aftershock of an attack too. And agoraphobia can start so quickly because we learn new things so well and when we have a attack somewhere or while doing something we quickly learn to associate the attack with that place or activity thus causing us to fear and avoid it.
13 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Panic disorder can appear as a result of prior anxiety attacks. Individuals who suffer from anxiety attacks may be so concerned about having another attack that they develop panic disorder. When panic disorder becomes severe it may also result in agoraphobia and severely interfere with the individual’s ability to live a normal life.

Reading this thread: