Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I did it!!!

13 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juanita,
Glad you enjoyed the book. I know I did both times I read it..lol

As far as my favorite there are lots of good parts for me. I liked the chapter of compassionate self talk. I like when she talks about that we are our safe person and how we have to learn to be our own best friend.

What I truly love about her is that she has experienced what many of us experience and her stories we can learn from them. Please let me know about her book Life Without Limits. I will buy it as well once you tell me it's good.

your friend,

Maggie
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Maggie,
I finished the book....very good.....I love her affirmations..esp. the one where she says "when a door closes..look for a window opening" I am going to start the other one  soon.(Life without Limits) I got alot out of her segment on control...that's a hard one for me..learning how to just let things go, and realizing that a lot of my anxiety comes from a need to control everything..   I did find the book geared itself to mainly female issues, and thats ok..sometimes she repeated things over and over that it bored me, but generally I would recommend this as a good adjunct to the CBT program..What were your favourite parts?
Juanita
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juanita:  Oh, how nice.  Always wanted to take water colour painting.  Hope you post something one day.  Would love to see it.  No pressure, know you're just starting out.  You're right about the 6 x 6 box.  yikes.

Your friend, Sunny
Hi Sunny,
I'm taking a watercolour class. It was quite fun last night, I'm the only one in the class that's never done anything with painting before..the instructor is Marylin Timms, google her and see some of her work...wow! We just learnt a bit last night about how its painting with water, not paint, and a bit on mixing shades. ..but tonight I plan on playing around...I have homework..haha..shade a 6x6 in box ..its harder than it sounds! ha...
Juanita
Hi Juanita:  How did your art class go?  What exactly are you learning?  How did you like it?  Tell us all about it.

Your friend, Sunny
Hi Juanita,

I am so happy you are enjoying the book...I learned a lot from that book! I hope it will help you too.

Thank you for your compliment! Have fun in your art class tonight I would love for you to draw a picture of me..you never know!!

Your friend,

Maggie
Hi Maggie,
Thanks so much for recommending this book...I'm getting into the "meat' of it now, and its very enlightening. I'm at the lesson on control issues, and am writing things down for a couple of days before I carry on. I would also recommend this book to others.
I love all of your pictures..Sunny, you look so happy..you have a beautiful smile and that gorgeous auburn hair!
Maggie..you're just drop-dead  gorgeous... And Debi...your picture is so sweet..those eyes of yours..stunning in black and white.
Tonight I start my first art lesson and I'm so excited...maybe someday I'll be painting your pictures! hahaha
Always dreaming,
 Juanita
Thank you Sunny..

Maggie
Hi Maggie:  What a lovely photo of you!  I really like it, the colour, the lighting, the pose.

Your friend, Sunny
Hi Juanita, So glad you received your book From Panic to Power. I am sure that you will enjoy the book and learn so much from this book. I have read it twice and have it on my night stand and read what I have highlighted to remind me of certain things..I truly hope you enjoy the book and it helps you as much as it did me.

Please keep me posted and let me know when your done.

Maggie

Reading this thread: