Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Myth or Fact?

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Helena:  I agree - there are no "fits all" techniques.  It's good to find the ones which work for you.  At the beginning you  try all the suggestions you read about or the ones which members share.  After awhile, you'll find the ones which work best for you and even can keep finding new ones. 

Sunny
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a fact. 

Some times when I am ready to jump out of my skin instead of taking a Valium and going to sleep I get in my car and run the Dunster hill. The hill is steep and windy with trees on either side. I try to do it without touching the brakes. There is no speed limit posted on it and it is exciting. It drops all the way down to the river goes across a narrow bridge and up a different mountain range and passes the store. I stop there and get a drumstick, and run the hill on the way back. If that doesn't take the edge off there is always Lemon Balm tea or a Valium as last resort. Some times I just need a distraction.

Davit
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Myth: The most popular techniques for reducing stress are the best ones.

Fact:
No universally effective stress reduction techniques exist. We are all different, our lives are different, our situations are different, and our reactions are different. Only a comprehensive program tailored to the individual works

Helena, Health Educator

Reading this thread: