Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Hi everyone.

14 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joey,

It seems like you have a lot on your plate right now.  But it also sounds like you are managing quite well.  You went bowling which is great! You are seeing a new that sounds like she is better for you which is also great.  You also saved a litter of puppies due to your researching! All in all it sounds like you are accomplishing goals!

About the counseling group your psychiatrist referred you to;  did you explain to her that money was an issue for you?  She may be able to refer you to a free support group or perhaps find funding for you to go.  I would talk to her about that.

I'm sorry to hear you were unable to make it to your bands' concert.  I think working your way up to attending an event like that would be an amazing goal!  You already are able to go bowling. Perhaps with a little work you might be able to see the next show!  Possibly attend half of the event.  Do you think a goal like that would be important to you? If so, what are some things you think you could do to achieve that goal?

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How is everyone doing?  Just got back from bowling ... had lots of fun.  I hadn't bowled since I was in highschool.  I started seeing a phyciatrist.  The first time I saw him he didn't even talk to me.  He just handed me drugs (xanax and an anti-depressant).  I kinda felt like I didn't belong there .... most of the people there looked like druggies ... and the doctor their pusher.  The second time I went they sent me to the woman physciatrist.  She actually made feel a little better and actually spent time with me.  She wants me to join a counseling group at another facility here in my town.  I just don't know if I can afford both.  I work all week but, after taking out for all my bills I'm left with hardly anything.  I've been so stressed with my dogs lately as well. I have three siberian huskies.  Two boys and one girl.  Well she had puppies ..... and they have been so much work.  If it wasn't for the internet they'd probably wouldn't have survived.  They're gonna be seven weeks this Tue.  I've been trying to find them homes.  I've given three away and will probably try to sell two so that I can pay for some bills.  My tongue feels twice it's size even though it's not.  I have a recording studio/label.  All the bands that record with me were playing yesterday at jamaica for a church in the next town over.  They all wanted me to go ... and I did want to go .... but just couldn't because the fear of my anxiety. 

Reading this thread: