Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

How are you handling the winter blues?

15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can get a firepit, Karla.  Campfires are the only thing that beats a fireplace!  Except one thing, being in a sunroom when it's raining with a fireplace.
15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jhori that sounds amazing with the fire place wish i had one  but i dont but yes i would look forward to putting that on and in england its just horrible dark, cold and that dreaded sun that comes out even tho its freezing it still blinds you 
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah I agree, the drakness is a bummer!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm with you on disliking how it gets so dark so quickly Karla!
Members, what else do you do to combat the winter blues?!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't mind winter, just means snowboarding season is HERE!  Otherwise, it gives me a reason to buy logs and light up the fireplace, warm the house, get those good vibrations going.
15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i dislike the winter because it gets dark so quickly, your days over before its even started, it really gets me down, you try to keep yourself busy but i suffer from really bad depression and the winter months do not help. it is nice tho when all the lights are out for christmas.
15 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well,I like the winter here in the south its 85 one day and 28 the next so there is a constant fluctuation of temperature which for some reason helps me relax .But i guess that could be because most people stay inside and there is not as much traffic.As far is what i do; chop fire wood,play my guitar,read more,and im snacking alot more now? 
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Walks
Books
Movies! Love movies!
Music (listening and singing)
Going out with friends
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Members,

How are you handling the winter blues?  We can all learn from one another, as there are many experiences and tips to be had by all.

Are you being productive?
Are you relaxing?
What are you doing to combat cabin fever?
What are you doing for you?
Are you using the tips and tools provided?

Let us know what works for you, and see how it can provide others with different options and outlets.

Karen, Health Educator

Reading this thread: