Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Weekend Prep.

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree, my house is a mess atm and it makes it hard for me to enjoy anything. Just wish I had the energy to clean lol

-Diva
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Arghhhh with DM on this one . I just wouldnt relax knowing that i have stuff to do when i get back . In fact i have been known to get up very early and do it all . But then you are whacked when your out !
15 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I get into cleaning modes, the other day I did a ton of stuff, then there are days I just dont do anything but gardening or my crafts.  Once  I get started tho, sometimes I just cant stop, I land up reorging the kitchen sometimes, then when hubby gets home..hehe..he says " didnt the spatulas used to be here"*L*. I"m not a neat freak by any means, I just get into modes, My craft room I pretty much do what I like in there, but the other rooms I try to keep somewhat in order.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DazedMommy,

If that's the case, I should invite you over to my house! You are more than welcome to go into 'cleaning mode' there!
Joking aside, the good thing is that you are aware of what you need to work on. You have tons of support, and I am glad to hear that you are consciously working on this and looking for a healthy balance. I know you will find it.

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Funny... I wish I could leave the dishes etc.  That gives me huge anxiety and can totally ruin my mood.  I may think I'm ok when we first head out... and then when we're coming home all I can think about is all I have to do...and then when we get home I "cranky" and barely stop to take off my coat before I go into "cleaning mode"....

My husband would eat his socks (I know.. stupid but all I could think of..lol)  if I could somehow learn to let go and just "LIVE IN THE MOMENT"... and the rest would fall into place.

I'm consciously working on this though and looking for a healthy balance... another reminder why I should stop procrastinating and start therapy... OCD brain is hard to beat in a battle...

DM
15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JohnnyO,

How about designing a reward system? 1-2 chores a day and a reward in return?

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'd say I have the opposite problem.  I can take some time away and find adventures.  My problem is the dishes and laundry get left behind while I go off and do other things that are more enjoyable.
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,  

Are you ready? 

The first day of summer holidays can bring happy feelings and emotions! The summer smell, the increase in outdoor activities, vacations, and even relaxation time, can help positively increase your mood and get you going.

Leave those dishes and the laundry and take a walk, drive or run.  Take a you day and relax.

Why not include a loved one?  Play with the kids, your husband or friend, or just do something special for yourself.  We all deserve a little break and summertime is a great time to take it!

By preparing for a special day, you can help validate all the hard work you are doing!

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: