Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

No posts here?

15 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya Gene:

Haven't heard from you in  while and was just wondering how you're doing?
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gene!

Wow! Congratulations on your many successes! That is so great! Your trip sounds like it was wonderful! You should be proud of yourself! Once again woohoo! congratulations! And please keep us posted!
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awww man, you got to go to Nepal?  I'm jealous, that sounds like an awesome experience!  Aaaand you handled it well, sure fire sign that you can do it...hell, you already DID it!  You'll have to share the story sometime, I'd love to hear about it.

And true that, breaking the cycle of thoughts and patterns by getting out definitely refreshes the mind.  Gives it a new kinda hope, doesn't it?  Cheers to the new outlook man!  Life still has it's ups and downs, but nothing that can't be broken by a little blind persistence.
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gene,   What an amazing journey for you and tochallenge so many fears!   We are so proud of you!  Good for you for getting on track and getting back in there!     Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all

Will take a look at else's posts over the next few days. But I thought I would let you know how my trip was. Well briefly- it was crazy!!!!!!! My wife and I went to India and Nepal. The place is total madness!!!!!!!! I am very proud of how well I have handled everything. I really do believe that the meds have began to help me. Over the last week I spent over 25 hours on planes, 48 hours in trains and buses, got stuck in a human stampede (talk about claustrophobia), had two spectacled cobras over my neck and many other adventures. We saw so much and there is no way I could have imagined doing this even a few months ago.

Hope everybody is well. I felt a little anxious today because I obviously associate home and work with all the panic attacks. Being away kind of helped to break the cycle of thoughts and patterns. But I know that no matter how anxious I may feel anxiety will never beat me or destroy my life. At one stage I thought I would become totally agoraphobic but now I spent a week 10 000 miles from home in a totally foreign country, in every sense of the word.

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Let us know how the trip went Gene!  Sounds like a lot of fun!
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Gene,

Wow a trip. sounds cool! Please let us know how it goes when you come back! As for your master's dissertation, I am sure it will be great. Please keep us posted!
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Genejockey,   Have a great time on your trip! And it sounds like you are well on your way with your dissertation.   Let us know how the flight goes!     Sarah, Health Educator
Thanks everybody. It feels great to have that monkey off my back but there is so much still to be done. I have about a months to finidh my my master's dissertation (which isn't going to great...). But I am sure it will all work out in the end.

Well tomorrow another journey begins. Literally. My wife and I are going overseas for the week. I am a bit nervous about the flight but I have never had an issue before. Except lack of sleep. Should be pretty cool.
Thanks everybody. It feels great to have that monkey off my back but there is so much still to be done. I have about a months to finidh my my master's dissertation (which isn't going to great...). But I am sure it will all work out in the end.

Well tomorrow another jurney begins. Literally. My wife and I are going overseas for the week. I am a bit nervous about the flight but I have never had an issue before. Except lack of sleep. Should be pretty cool.

Reading this thread: