Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Share!

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, I guess I could have posted this way earlier butr here it is lol. On monday I went shopping. But not just any shopping. I went shopping to a store that is farthewr away from homw then usual and we actually had to use the speedway a bit to get there (I hate speedways...and i don't even drive!). Also, the store we went to was a huge store. I hate big store. Superstores freak me out. I find them too big and crowded and disorienting. Plus we happened to get a pushy salesman ( my hubby tok care of that and told him to come back later as we looked around . He knows feeling pushed around makes me anxious). On top of it we were there to buy a big expensive piece of equipment (buying big expensive stuff scares me, I am always afraid to make the wrong choice or stuff like that, me and my husband are not rich). so all in all it was pretty stressful for me. My husband was very nice aboutit tho, not pressuring me and keeping the pushy salesman away from me. It took me like 1 hour and a half to make up my mind and buy the fridge I liked and I manged to stay in the big huge crowded store the whole time. I had to talk myself down a few times but I didn't panic at all. I was really happy with myself! I didn't even panic when i saw the bill ;p. So all in all that was a pretty good experience for me, I managed to overcome many of my fears and felt really proud of myself :) Anyway, have a nice day guys! -Diva
I am looking forward to reading more of your victories :) And btw no acheivement is too small or insignificant to be celebrated. An acheivement is always big for the person who achieved it and as such should be celebrated. so whatever the "size" of your success, please post it so we may celebrate it with you. People on this forum understand why these things are big whatever they are. I remember a time where just opening my front door to look outside was a major victory over my fear.And it is with those kinds of victories that I am here now and doing much better lol I urge you and all the people on these forums to post all their successes on here so that we may all celebrate getting better together :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Thanks Diva and Josie for the encouragement. It was just such a small step compared to the great achievements I see others have made, I felt silly sharing. But, I appreciate the kudos and will keep on with the program and, hopefully, have greater successes to share in the future. Tallglassofwater
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tallglass, This is great! You should be proud of this achievement and good for you for using the program to challenge those thoughts :) Kudos, Josie ______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
1- Thanks Casey that means a lot :) 2- Wow Tallglassofwater, congratulations. I think it is a good acheivement on your part! I have tons of trouble with grocery stores they freak me out lol. I think that is great and thanks for sharing your success with us! -Diva
16 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is not much of a success story, but I managed to go to the grocery store without any panic or avoidance behaviors. More importantly, since I'm in week 3, I was able to use the ten questions to talk myself down every time I began to feel anxious.
16 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva, Congratulations on this achievement! Keep up the amazing progress! Casey ______________________ The PC Support Team
Thank you very much Madara that means a lot to me :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Diva, You did great! I am proud of you! Let me congratulate you on this!:)
Hi guys, Well yesterday, it was not only Father's day but my stepmoms Bday. As I have said before my stepmom and me dont get along and the sheer thought of her has in the past given me panic attacks. Well yesterday, I went over there for fathers day her birthday because my dad asked me to be there. So I went and stayed almost the entire time (I usually go for 30 mins and leave) and I did great. I dealt with her really well and did not let here get to me. And altho there was alot of people I did not panic. I am really proud of myself for that. anyway, just thought I would share that with you guys. -Diva

Reading this thread: