Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Share!

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, Great to hear that you had a good time at the gym, Keep it up! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went to the gym on my own. It was super crowded and noisy but I went anyway. I ended up having a panic attack because I have had much stress lately but I did really well. I did not run away and go home or need to take meds or call an ambulance or anything. I just challenged my thoughts in my head and took time to feel better. Then I just kept on training till I was done the half hour I had set out to do. I was really proud of myself for sticking itout. And then on top of it I took the bus home instead of a cab! Was a good day. -Diva
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, Not a small thing. That's huge! The end of avoidance! Fantastic success! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
Since last december I don't go anywhere without one of my anxiety pills on me. I guess it is what you can call my safe object. Well, the other day, I was at school and I realized I had left my pillcase at home. I almost panicked right there and then. But I challenged my thoughts and I spent the whole day at school doing homework and going to class. I did not go back home to get my pills and I challenged my thoughts and was fine. I was really happy with myself. Anyway, it is a small thing but I figure any success big or small deserves to be celebrated :) -Diva
Thank you Danielle and Maggie! I appreciate the kudos and the support :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva, This is a great success story! Big step! Congrats and keep persevering! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's great Diva, that's really great. What I pulled out of what you did is that you realized where these anxiety feelings were coming from, you made sense of them and continued on with your life...wow that's huge. I'm glad for you. Good luck with studying...Maggie
Me again...Well, I have been experiencing increased insomnia and agitation since stopping my medication. At first, I was gonna make a big deal of it and let this rattle me. But then I did some thought challenging and it helped me realize this is part of withdrawal and that it is ok and that it will pass. I am really proud of how I have managed to go back to doing schoolwork while off my meds and that Ihave been dealing with the increased insomnia and agitation well. I also, have managed to keep my panic attacks to an acceptable and very liveable level despite everything. I am very happy with myself. I keep my prescription PRN but up to now have managed to not take any and function quite well. I am glad to see I am in a part of my life where I am doing well and managing without extra medication. I personnally have nothing against medication as such. That is why I take it when I feel I need it. I am just happy to see that I do not feel the need for it atm :). Some days are harder but with the thought challenging to put things into perspective and all the other tools I have acquired here, I feel like I am regaining more and more of myself and my life. Thank you to everyone here who is helping me in my ongoing journey to mental health and serenity :) -Diva
Thanks KittCat for the Kudos! Well I am not sure if this is a success story per say, but it is something I am proud of so here goes: I have not taken any medication for two days. I used to take clonazepam everyday as prescribes by my psychiatrist. I have been tapering off slowly for a while now. Today is my second day with no medication :) The rebbound effect is still bugging me a bit but I am happy that I am dealing well with this :) Now, I still have my prescription to take as needed but this is a big step for me :) Anyway, that is all I have to say :) -Diva
16 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats, Diva! That is awesome that you stayed so calm and focused even when things didn't go as planned and some negative things came up. Sounds like you took them in stride and are doing great! Hope you're giving yourself a HUGE pat on the back for all of your hard work! Take care,

Reading this thread: