Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Share!

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva!!
WOW! Way to go!! You should feel soo proud of yourself! You accomplished so much today, and even though you had your safe person with you, you did not cheat, as you were the only one to challenge your anxious thoughts, and you were able to ride the bus and feel fine! Good for you!!
I am so glad to hear that you had a great day!
Keep it up, and have a wonderful weekend

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Joe,

Thanks so much for your enthousiastic reply! It means a lot to me!I guess today was a good day.
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heck yea that's a great start at dusting yourself off! 
Talk about a mood enhancer...your post alone made me feel good!
Ok, so my successes. Yesterday I planned my meals for three days, made a grocery list, then I actually went grocery shopping, not only at a grocery store but at a BIG grocery store! Kinda like a grocery superstore I guess. I was tired and did not feel like it but I decided it would be a good thing to go ad I did. Then not long after I got there I had a shooting pain in my chest and thought  Oh my! I am having a heart attack! LOL! Old habits die hard... I started slightly panicking. So I quickly went into slow deep breathing mode and broke out my thought challenging questions in my head and challenged my thoughts. First thing I knew I was finishing my grocery and my husband (who was with me, yes I cheated my safe person was with me lol) didn't even know I had felt poorly. Now that is victory number one.

Today, I went and explored the bus route I will need to take to go to school next week. I am kinda bus phobic and I hate the unknown. So a new bus route is definetely not my thing. So me and my mom (yes, safe person, cheating again I know) took the bus to my new school. Then we had a really great lunch at a restaurant next to it. Then we came home by bus too. I felt so stoked, I was so proud of myself!

I was tired and sad and anxious when I got up but I still managed to get that done and on top of it I put on some nice clothes and felt like I looked good if I do say so myself. I think it was a good start at dusting myself off.
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Diva!! I"m soooo happy to hear you accomplished that after all that you've gone through! Congratulations sooo much. Thanks for sharing.
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I didnt know you went away , must admit was beginning to worry ! You did well and im pleased for you that you had a break .

You did mention your situation awhile ago and im pleased you have seen your father , with whats been going on for you i think you needed that so much .

CD xxxx

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Diva! I am so proud of you for being so strong, and for being the bigger person and making peace with your dad's wife. I am sure that it made your dad so happy.
Congrats on all of your successes, Diva!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Hi guys,

I went for a Friday night super at my dad's. To put this in perspective I must explain that I had cut out his wife from my life for over a year now. Me and her have had a very toxic relationship in the past. I won't go into details but I will say I had to cut her out of my life and such things. But for the last five years my dad has been battling cancer and I knew it would make him happy if we made peace with each other. So when she made some ouvertures to me about maybe making peace I took it. So we had a supper planned for last Friday. With everything I have been going through I really didn't feel like going. I felt so tired and anxious and figured I didn't want to deal with it all. But I did go and it went well. So I am happy with myself.
Hello Brenna, thank you for the congratulations. I am pretty happy with myself.

Hiya CD,

Thanks so much for replying to me. I missed you guys while on vacation. Sure, not so much that I did not enjoy myself but I kept wanting to let you all know how well I was doing lol. I knew you guys would get it! And when I was anxious I would often think of you guys and the forum and how you all inspire me to just get strong about all this. Anyway, thank you very much.

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic stuff Diva , you were really missed . Ooo im so happy for you doing so great

Reading this thread: