Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Vitamins/Supplements & Anxiety

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
madge,

Welcome to the boards and thank you for sharing your experience with other members here. It is great to hear that you have found the Vitamin B and C helpful  in your own coping. Members have often reported that these vitamins are helpful in their own recovery.

While you are here, feel free to browse the site and read through the sessions available here. It is suggested that members take one week to complete each session, and don't forget about the homework! Reading old posts by other members may also be helpful as they have often had similar experiences to your own.

Continue to post and let us know how you are doing. Be well.

Sarah, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi.  I am new here and just wanted to say I had been suffering panic attacks too for about 4 years now.  I have been on meds and went off of them and started seeing a homeopathic doctor.  Make a long story short, I was very low in Vitamin B and C.  I take B6 and Vitamin C now everyday and I can tell you, it has helped me tremendously.  I think it is moreso the Vitamin B6.  Google it and do some research on it or better yet, ask your own doctor.   It does in fact calm you down and is good for many other things as well.  Also I had to quit caffeine and that was hard but I know that has helped as well.  Just wanted to offer this info to you all as I have had great success now for about a month.  Keeping my fingers crossed! 
14 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me I noticed that milk(which has vitamin d) really helps a lot. It tends to really calm my stomach which seems to be where my anxiety originates from. I also started taking probiotics(garden of life-primal defence) but I don't know if they've been helping me with this but I heard that they improve your immune system.
15 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Mich,

Do you know PMR ? Progressive Muscle Relaxation? It's used for different indications, among others for anxiety. It's usually a CD you can listen to. Depending which version you use it can really make a difference. I prefer the "whole" program with excercise for the whole body, but also the basic program can be quite useful.

Whatever you'll try - good luck!

15 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Depending on how much you're outside to get sunlight, Vitamin D to help combat seasonal depression.  I've also heard that Omega 3 oils help to keep certain compounds in your brain balanced. But I don't know about that for sure.

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great question mich991. We would suggest you consult your family physician or pharmacist before taking any medications or supplements.
Members, these are some great suggestions. Any others?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In addition to my medication, I take:

Vitamin B12

and

Vitamine B6
15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi 

The things which have helped me a lot 

1. Vitamin B complex capsules

2. Homeopathy

3. Mindfulness Meditation

4. Regular Exercise (Cardio & weights)

15 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello again everyone,

I don't think that my anxiety is bad enough that I need to be put on medication but I have read and hear a lot about natural vitamins and supplements and how they can really help with anxiety and in some cases even help to get rid of it. I am wondering if there are others that have chosen not to be on medication and have decided to try taking or been told to take certain vitamins or supplements to help with their anxiety. I have read a lot about Vitamin B supplements and how they can really help with anxiety symptoms. Any input would be greatly appreciated with regards to natural vitamins or supplements that you have taken or have been told to take that have really helped with your anxiety. Thank you!!

mich991 

Reading this thread: