Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Update...

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well the good news I did the exposure work and went to my doctors appointment and my A1c has improved and my weight is down 3 pounds. The other news is the doctor wants me to start taking a statin drug lipitor now. She didn't see the need to do a new lipid test even though it has been 6 months since the last test so I went to the drug store and had it tested on my own this morning and yes I was upset to see that my numbers are up again. I just didn't feel I could start a new medicine without knowing first.

So now I will be challenging my anxious thoughts about taking this new medication. I am also thinking about quitting smoking again so I asked the doctor for something to help me with anxiety while I try to stop. We discussed my anxiety and the drugs chantix, welbrutin and a anti anxiety drug called Buspirone. I had reactions to chantix and welbrution in the past. So I finally settled on Buspirone which I can take one or two daily as needed for anxiety when I get ready to quit..

I am always very anxious about starting new meds so maybe I will try one of the Buspirone to see how it makes me feel before I do anything else..Maybe this will help ease my fears a little and take the edge off my fears of the unknown..

I know this is a long post but I am feeling tired sad and scared today so I felt posting might help..

Well that it for now I am going to sign off and try to rest my mind for a while.

Red..

Reading this thread: