Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Update...

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Personally I don't think you should cater to anyone, send them to McDonalds. Find a quiet corner and read your book till they are gone. It is your life and your right to decide who enters it.
Easy for me to say with no relatives or family dropping in.

Davit
9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Edd asked if they would be staying at there mothers this time around and they said they do not know. It seems that she is a hoarder and animal collector. So here we go again...the only port in the storm and I find myself in the middle of it all and I was just beginning to recover for the last time we did this.

We went through this right before christmas and right after new years too..With Edds Kids blowing into town and us becoming short order cooks and my house becoming there crash pad while they are really here to visit other relatives..They really have never show any consideration for your lives or plans.

I will be much happier when it is all over and they are gone and maybe Edd too if that is what it take to get my life and sanity back again..

Red
Davit,
I am so looking forward to seeing your pics this year..

Red...:)

Back home again..The show went nicely this weekend. One more weekend of showing with Edd's daughter and grandson possibly driving down to see the show and staying at the house for the weekend..So we decided to bring the trailer back home and I will stay here next weekend in case they need a place to stay..We were dry camping without hook up to water, sewer and power so having guests in the trailer just wouldn't work. Edd will be driving and forth this time around. It sure would be nice if they could decide what they are going to do and let us know so we can plan according...but this is the way it always goes when his family is down..
Oh well, I am tried from thinking about it all and happy to be home and have decided to stay home this time around..

I am looking forward to some quite time here by myself at the house when they are all gone..For it has been many years since I have been able to do so..Today I will find myself a new book to start reading..and will be enjoying every minute of my mini vacation here at home..

Red...
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm waiting for more flowers to open before posting pictures. 
I'm glad to see positive thought is working for you. I'm glad to see you happy too.
Life is for living.

David.

Ps, I never learned to swim good enough to enjoy the water. Boating is the best it gets for me.
Still Challenging those anxious and negative thoughts.. Yesterday and today have turned out great and there are even better things to come..

We met some great people while out the last couple of days and have joined a historical museum. So we will be showing and running our Antique Farm engines at a local museum over the next 2 weekends..All the proceeds go to the museum to help preserve the implements and history of how life was on the farm in the early 17 hundreds and beyond..There will be Weavers, Blacksmiths and Antique farm engines pumping water, bailing hay, sawing wood, milling corn and all sorts of things and of course there will tractors doing what tractor do too and they will be all running for all to see and learn about the history of the early pioneers and farmers around the world....

It will be great fun for all.

Red...

Had a great day visiting with my relatives at the beach today I even put on my swimming suite and hopped on my Boogie board and rode the waves and got a perfect ride out of my last wave...It was a perfect day..

Hoping the rest of the things on my to do list are as enjoyable as this..We will see...over the next two weeks...
It will be hard to top a beautiful like this..It's so much easier to enjoy your self when people are happy to see you..

Red...

Reminds me of the saying:
Feast or Famine..or
All or nothing thinking in cbt..

I would prefer not to have so much on my plate at once...
but am challenaging my negative thoughts on this it may not be more than I can handle right now...

Just going with the flow and telling myself that all I need to be concerned with is doing the best that I can
because thats really all thats required and all that I need to do right now...Doing my best is really enough..

Red...

Got lots going on the next two weeks..meeting up with relatives at the beach tomorrow then off to a tractor and farm engine show this weekend held at a large outdoor museum and we may show engines there the following weekend after we check it all out plus we have some relatives coming unexpectedly from out of town for a day or two to stay with us while we're at the show. Yes lots to do right now..

Red..

Yes David I will second that. Life is for and worth living and enjoying every day to its fullest...I see you had a great day yesterday too and are looking forward to a little boating and fishing with your friend and companion Karin this summer. I bet you'll both have lots of stories to tell and we will be here to listen and enjoy them all..

As for me I got some exercise on my stationary bike yesterday and rewarded myself with a little reading. This morning we got out early while it was still cool and overcast and went for a walk at the lake and visited with the little ducks along the way and before I knew it I had gotten a hour of walking in and enjoyed every minute of it..Then came back home to enjoy a yummy breakfast cooked by and with my one and only Edd..

Yes live is for Living and Enjoying My Friend..

Red..

Reading this thread: