Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Update...

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just a little update before I end this thread..
Today I am feeling much better and Happy to be moving forward.
All is well again..

The end?

Well not really life is just beginning again..

Ta Ta for now my friends!

Red
 :)

Still working on it..These things do take time.
I have dealt with the emotion aspect of it and became physically sick in the process.
So now I am Purging my system from a physical stand point.
After that I should be back on my feet and back on track again.

Red
It's been a week since our unexpected visitors left..

I have finally finished repairing the damage they did to the house while they were here for less then 24 hours.
What I learned from this experience is that we need to set more boundaries with them. From now on they will have to stay in a hotel with maid service and maintenance men when they are down tending to their own personal business and if they want to stop to by to visit that's fine if not that's even better..I just can't belief how inconsiderate and selfish these relatives of my partners are..

On a positive note..my saving grace was I found a quite place to read like you suggested Davit at the show and at home while there were here and finished reading a futuristic sci-fi type trilogy titled The Park Service and enjoyed it throughly..

Now that all my work is done I am finally back to taking care of myself and enjoying my life..

Thanks My Friend for the good advice as always,

Your forever Friend,
Red..

Red...
Participated in the shows this weekend and visited with family..so the long weekend is coming to a end. I am looking forward to peace and quite and routine this coming week.
Plans change sometimes and I find that it easier to accept this than to fight it even if we did put a lot of work into it from a emotional and physical stand point..Other people can not be changed so we can only change ourselves.

It sometimes best to let it go learn from our mistakes and move on and find peace and enjoyment in something else and with a person or people that appreciate us and all that we do and have to offer...  

Seeing life as it really is can be a eye opener..and we may not like what we see but the experience sets us free and allows us to put our time and effort into better more worth wild things so we can continue to learn and grow and move our lives in a positive direction...

Of course this is just where I am at right now with all this and understand it my not be this way for others..

Red...
David...Acceptance does makes sense in situations like this..We have also worked out a Compromise and I find that really helps too.

I am going to stay home and relax while they all go to the last show. Then they will all come here and stay the night.
I have asked them to pick up a pizza on their way home or stop at a restaurant because like I said I am taking the day off and resting this time around..because I have accepted the situation, but even so that does not mean I will stay home just so that I can play the part of  Cinderella again. No cooking and cleaning and slaving and all that..

So now I am looking forward to my time alone..I have already found a new book and am enjoying it..

Red..:)
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

This goes very well with the posts on acceptance. Some times when we have done all we can we just have to accept that this is how things go. They usually pass and we get on with what we are doing. With me it is usually inconvenience and sometimes that is tied to people so it can be very annoying.

Davit.
Hi Davit, Awe you make a very good point..about people who don't care and I have lost my tolerance for these types now too..I will not be going to a hotel wish I could but it would cause a lot of upset.

On a little bit of a negative note I find that Sometimes I hate my life but on a positive note I meet a person of interest at the engine show she lives on the grounds in exchange for work plus she and her husband get to tinker around the museum. He is working on restoring a pump and windmill so that they can use  the water in the Well on the property to water a large vegetable garden on the museum property. There are many others living in rv's and trailers on the museum property too who have various talents with restoring antique machinery and such kind of like a little village or a commune..

Anyway we got to talking and she quilts, crochets, and sews and asked me to bring in the quilt block Hidden Wells that I made recently so that she could see it. She has just taken up crochet too..So I may have to wait until the next show in the Fall to see and talk to her and show her my work. I hope she is still there.. I am very upset about the intrusion by others into my life especially since it has taken me so long to reach out and find someone who shares some of the same interests that I do..We really made a connection. Which is a rare occurrence for me in this life.and my life is getting short. This was a really big break though for me..but as you say some people are stupid and don't care.

For now I have engrossed myself in another book and will stay there and weather the storm until I get a chance to breath once again...  

Red..

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
People get there definitions wrong, another case of two words that seem the same but are not. Ignorance is bliss, stupidity is not. Ignorance actually means without knowledge. Stupidity on the other hand is without care. I can tolerate people who don't know but I can't tolerate people who don't care.

Believe me, they would be going to the hotel, not me. My home is MY home. Ah and it is a very stress free home.

Davit.
Davit, Thanks for the moral support..Yes McDonalds and a hotel or motel sounds like a perfect idea for me, I mean them or do I?

I just got back from getting groceries as a distraction but am still to agitated and to tired to really relax with this all up in the air..Speaking of air..Last time the 4 year old was here he decided he wanted to throw his toy cars up in the air in the living room and bounce them off the ceiling. His mother just sat there and said nothing for while and finally told him to stop. I am sure my patients will be tested over and over again just as it is now and while they are here.. 

I'll due my best to find a spot to read and relax while they are here..Maybe I'll just leave before the get back and go to the book store or hang out at the movie theater..or better yet find myself a hotel and take a mini vacation..

Just kidding..or am I?
I know no rest for the weary as the saying goes..
I can always dream though can't I..

Red...

Reading this thread: