Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

What are my anxious thoughts?

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi rohit131,
Have you considered other options?  I noticed you have a "spiritual" interest.  Try reading "Sabbath"(by Wayne Muller) which speaks of a different way of looking at life, without the marketed 12-14 hour days and the stress that comes with it.

I remember going to Club Med(an all-inclusive holiday business model, who had a book written about them   "A Day in Paradise"), and wondering what it would be like being one of their animators(called GO), who would teach surfing, tennis, crafts, Yoga...you name it!

That would have changed my "career" path, had I become an animator, and I wouldn't be asking questions about drugs, pressure, etc.

I'll never forget the all-inclusive vacations, nor the burn-out from work.  Is the salary worth the stress?  Is there a real difference between the stressed "professional" and the barrista at Starbucks, except the uniform and benefits?
11 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All anti depressent/anti panic therapies will find good going when circumstances are favouring you.The real test for therapies comes into picture when circumstances are getting against you.
I left my job one month back because depression & panic attack (generated by work pressure in office)is not allowing  me to work.I then returned back to my home town for gain of mental health.
I remain almost free during these days;and spending more of my time for thought management,challanging of negative thoughts, yoga,peace of mind,meditation.......
But I have to return one day again to the real world which is termed as "PROFESSION";where lot more challanges are there;tough working conditions;quick decision are required;to face tough pupils.
Will CBT will be long lasting because at certain phase of life our priorities will be the professional work(12~14 hr );more busy with the official work & which is means of earning and CBT will become secondary for us.

Any suggestions?

Rohit131

11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No one is saying it is easy, just that it works. In reality when it starts to work it rather sneaks up on you. You may wake up one morning to find life is a whole lot better. Don't stop there, keep working at it till it becomes automatic.

Davit.
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi rohit131,

I find that regardless of the situation it's about saying positive truths about it.  Your positive statement would be, "I am able to stand up for myself, in my life, again."  It's okay if you can't find evidence against your anxious thoughts, alternative thoughts or challenge statements.  Just keep practicing positive statements counteracting (saying the opposite of) the negative thoughts.  So, if you say you can't, change it to, I can.  It sounds silly and exhausting to constantly do this, but it gets easier over time and it becomes automatic.  You're retraining your brain to default to positive, not negative.  Hope this helps.

Shari
My past two years in my profession are terrible.The main set back is that I surrender for almost without any fight/resistance to my opponents who are ploting in continous against me.I have now left my job & trying to update my mental health.I am under going the course for almost last 25 days.The problem is that I am not able to find any relevant evidence against my anxious thoughts,alternative thoughts & finally challange statement.
This increases my anxiety many a times.Many a times feeling comes that I will not be able to stand up again in my life.
How do I cope up with that situation.
Any suggestions???
CBT is like breathing, once you get in the habit you will do it automatic and seldom if ever notice it. At this point you will have your life back or be even better if you have been suffering for long. How many it works for we can't know because they move on. It matters not as long as it works for you. And it does work.

Davit.
I am very new to this program of CBT. But it really works as many suggested.There is one thing very clear that there is no instant solution to this pain we are undergoing.What all is required to maintain daily schedule and get adhered on it.Constant reviews and watches are required for self upliftment. Depression tends to bounce back everytimes we try to get out from it.
And there is no harm in expressing gratitude sometimes, as when you get some positive influence in circumstances where every thing seems to be dark,negative & feel of defeat from inside.

One thing all of us have in common is the resistance to change. Part of this I think is the fast paced world we live in with a good bit of choice taken from us, part of it is the work needed to change. 
CBT is going to be the hardest simple thing any of us do if we want success. Simple in that all it calls for is changing negative thought to positive. Hard in that it is easier to stay with the routine we already know. And harder in that no one or anything can do the work for us. The program and the computer are just tools. We are for all intense and purpose mental addicts addicted to a way of life that is causing us pain. And like real addicts we have to hit bottom and really want out before we can be serious enough to change.
Depression unlike panic disorder is chemical but it still has an overriding mental reason for it.
This is the prime reason support groups work. It is too easy to give up when the going gets tough.
Believe me though that at some point it starts to work and gets easier from that point on.
No matter what brought you here you can leave living a normal life, or you can stay on as support. The latter would be nice and appreciated.

Davit.
11 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think in this world of instant gratification, the time it takes to do this work is frustrating, but when all of you talk, it sounds like it is worth the work. Rohit, I also have depression, and I have found that I have to exercise and meditate everyday. I know, it is overwhelming to even think about at times, but when I do it, I feel better. I have gotten to a point where I believe that I am worth taking care of. 
thanks shari for your thoughts;I will work honestly for my self betterment and cure. 

Reading this thread: