Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Health Concerns..

12 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Sounds amazing!

Ok I'll let you get to it. Take care!

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley,

Good Morning..Thank you for the Well Wishes this morning..

Dry camping is when you camp without access to electricity, water or a sewer hook up in a trailer or Rv..It is usually out in the wilderness with lots of space around you..and very few people..You carry your own water and lots of it, gas propane for heat and a generator for electricity which is very important in the desert because of the extreme temperatures..They call this self contained camping..You can camp this way for a long time if you are prepared and have lots of supplies..We have camped and traveled this way for a month at a time but sometimes are forced to stay in a campground or rv park.When we do this we pretty much wander around the county side and stop and stay where ever this type of camping is allowed..We could stay in rv parks but that would defeat the purpose of getting out in nature and enjoying the wide open spaces and wildlife..You can be sure I will have my camera on hand and be taking pictures. Some of the pic's I have already posted here are from the Arizona desert..They have beautiful sunrises and sunset there..I would love to post some more for you when I get back.
Well I must go for now I have lots to do before I can leave..See you when I back...

Take care..
Red...
Carmie,

Good Morning! Thank you very much for the vote of confidence this morning..Will do on enjoying my time in the wilderness.
See you when I get back...

Red...
Thanks for updating us.  Sounds like you certianly have the right attitude. 

Have fun on your trip.  If you could take pictures and post a few that would be amazing! I have always wanted to see Arizona .  What is "dry camping" by the way?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,
Just a quick note to say that I hope you enjoy your trip to Arizona.  It sounds wonderful!  You are taking your physical and mental health seriously and I think that's wise.  I think that you are positioning yourself for a really great year.  Enjoy your vacation.

Carmie
Update...

My doctor started me on a different blood pressure medication which I started over the weekend..So I have been taking it easy for the last few days while my body adjusts to the medication..It should take of couple of weeks for me to adjust and a month before we see a complete benefit..So far so good on the meds a little dizzy but that is to be expected..The vertigo which is a separate issue is lessening in severity..I am hoping to start packing the trailer today for our camping trip to Arizona ..We leave on Thursday so we can set up for the antique tractor and engine show on Friday..Than after that we might head on over to Quartzsite Arizona to dry camp for a while and check out the swap meets there..Not sure at this point we well have to see how it goes and how I am feeling..Anyway should be back on line in about 2 weeks or so. Talk to you all then..
Take care everyone..
Red......
Davit,
Thanks for the support and for the information..

Ashley,
Thanks for the moral support..I guess having good and and bad days is normal and to be expected. I really work hard at trying to keep myself up and hate being a downer..I will take your suggestion and go a little easy on myself today..I have put in a call to the doctors office and waiting for a return call. Depression is a serious matter and not something I want to take lightly..I would never want to go back to it or put my self in a position where it spiraled out of control again..I am going to try to rest now while I wait for a call back..I'll try to update later when I am feeling up to it..

Thanks to you both for being here and listening..

Red..
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Atenolol gives me weird dreams but not scary. I got used to them. I can't remember if the change caused anxiety at first, it might have.

Davit.
Hi Jdoe,

Never apologize for expressing how you feel. Having good days and bad says is normal and talking about it can help.

I'm sorry you are feeling down today. I think you have the right attitude by trying to go about your day despite how you feel.  Try to give yourself a little something to lift your mood.  Be a little easier on yourself today and let us know how the day goes.

We're here to listen if you need us.

Take care,

Ashley, Health Educator
Update...

Yesterday I posted to accomplishments and other positive things about how well I felt on my new blood pressure medicine.
Today I am not sure I feel that way..Last night was a hard night..I hardly slept all night and when I did my dreams were disturbing.. This morning I feeling depressed and anxious. I was hoping I wouldn't get this side effect. I was a little depressed yesterday morning and shrugged it off and starting feeling better as the day wore on..Today I don't know. Maybe it's just that I am depressed about the state of my health.. I sure hope it's not the meds because I need to get my pressure under control. I am going to get a cup of coffee and see if that helps if not I guess it's back to the drawing board. 
I think I'll drop in  the depression center this morning too..Maybe I shouldn't of posted this here. It is not very positive..I don't want to drag anyone down...I am just feeling like I need to express my feeling out loud in a attempt to help myself..It really does help sometimes...

Red...

Reading this thread: