Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,536 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Health Concerns..

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley,

I will give this a try? and try to deal with ever comes my way in a positive way..I will look for the positives in this situation..

Red....
12 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jdoe,

I am sorry you are feeling scared and depressed. You are right your feelings are justified as dealing with an illiness is difficult for anyone. In regards to the ten questions how about we add a few other questions to the list in this case?

How is my perspective serving me?
What perspective do I want to take?
How can I change my perspective to serve me?

Ashley, Health Educator
Waiting to get better....

I am still dealing with my health issues and am getting a bit scared and depressed at this point..I am fighting the growing anxiety that I am feeling inside..Anxiety is the last thing that I need right now..I do not think it is unrealistic for me to feel this way. I do have a valid reason to be concerned. I am not sure if CBT can help with this feeling..being that they are justified..
How do you use the 10 question list in this instance?  on a positive note we have added another antibiotic so I may see some improvement soon..All of the unknowns are such a big problem for me right now..Fear of the unknown is so hard for me to challenge right now..

Red...
Carmie,

Thank you for prayers I am sure they have helped and given me strength..I do believe in the power of prayer..At one time in my life I would not of believed in such a thing..that all changed 9 years ago..I believe I was lead to this site to help me learn how to deal with my anxiety and agoraphobia..Without this help I would not have been able to call for a doctors appointment or been able to assert myself and seek out a new doctor..So for me there are lots of pieces to the puzzle..I think of them as lots of small steps to recovery..All of these things are making me stronger and braver. I have to tell you I am a little scared and was feeling a little sad about being sick when I woke up this morning but after reading your and everyone else words of support I am feeling much stronger now. I think that the support we give each other makes us stronger..I want to thank you again for all of your support..It really makes a difference...

I will be sending prayers you way too today..I am glad you were able to talk to the nurse at your work and that she eased your fears around the swallowing problems..It does seem that we have all had fate working on our side lately..We learn so much from each other here and in the world out there too..Thanks for sharing the information about the swallowing.

Red....

Vincenza,

Thank you for the caring support..I was feeling a little scared and sad this morning but am feeling much better after reading your post.
Yes I seem to be in good hands with the new doctor..She called me on the phone yesterday afternoon and we discussed my situation in detail..I was very fortunate to get to see her this week, my regular primary care Dr. was all booked up so she was the Dr. taking the overflow of patients that day..I had read lots of wonderful reviews about her online and was hoping I would get to see her..There is a long waiting list to get her as a permanent doctor. I was going to have to wait until the middle of June to have her as my primary but in light of the situation and the problems I am having she agreed to take me on as one of her patients now..I am really very lucky to have her helping me to get well..So as fate would have it I have been given the help I need. I guess there really is somebody up there and down here watching out for me now.

Red..
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red:

You are very brave and I am inspired by your story.  You have continued well wishes and prayers coming from me!

Carmie

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red, 

It sounds like you are in good hands and well focused on the steps to help you get better.
I'm glad to hear the program has been so helpful.  Being prepared ahead of time is so important to keeping a calm mind!  Listen to your body, get the rest you need and know we are here for you!
Vincenza, Health Educator
Hello everyone...

I thought I would post this hear under health concerns..This is a little update on my doctor anointments today and the
CT scan I had today..My CT scan showed that I have now have Diverticulitis on top of my ulcerative colitis which are both Gastrointestinal issues..plus they found multiple cysts on one of my kidneys and that kidney is enlarged at this time..
Anyway they have added antibiotics for 10 days and told to rest and stay on a liquid diet for the gastic issues..I have a follow up appt with my primary Dr. in two weeks and at that time will see how I am doing and go from there. We will talk about the kidney issues at that time but first we have to get me over the gastric problem..Then next month we will do a colonscopy for the gastric problem and see how things are doing and look for anything suspicious..So it will be slow going for a while but I have every reason to believe I will get better in time..This is just one of those situations that has lots of steps involved to reach the ultimate goal at the end. This program here on the site has really helped to prepare me for the challenges that I am facing.
So  for now all I really have to do is rest, take my medication and keep my life as stress free as possible for the next couple of weeks...I can not stress how important self care is for everyone here..

I want to thank you all for your well wishes and for thinking of me at this time and for each and everyone of your prayers..
I am so touched by everyone of you..

Red....

Update...Back Home Again...

We met up with our antique farm engine and tractor club, put on a great show and relaxed and enjoyed our time there..
I did learn something about people while I was there and  engaged in conversations with several different people and that is that it really quite common for people to have some type of anxiety and possible panic from various situations..We are really all more alike than we might think...Anyway it was a interesting and enlightening trip that is for sure..

Still taking easy and starting to adjust to my new blood pressure meds. I started my walking again this last week and am learning to not push myself sohard. All things in moderation is something I am working on.I plan on getting outside again today and doing a little gardening or maybe going for another walk in the great outdoors..Not sure just yet but one thing I do know for sure is that getting outdoors and moving around in the sunshine or on a cloudy day is good medicine for sure...

Have great day everybody..Talk to you all later..

Red..
Its been raining cats and dogs here all day today..I didn't get as much done today as I would of liked to, but that is ok. I still have two days left to get ready..I am trying to go easy on myself and pace myself a little nowadays anyway..I did get out and did some walking around. I was a little worried about how the meds would affect me. Still having some vertigo when bending down or looking up but other than that I had no problems walking around today. No feeling light headed, short of breath or pounding heart or anything. So the meds must be working..No more of that all or nothing thinking for me anymore. So all in all it has been a good day..A little hard to not get it all done in one day but they do say patience is a virtue...

Red...

Reading this thread: