Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

getting through the going through...........

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora

I never had a safe person, I had to do it on my own so it can be done. Closest I had was friends to help with the physical load when I was too sick to keep up But no one to hold my hand when I realy needed it, not even a cyber safe person.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Debora!
I hope you get better too...it takes time,and please read and do the program..i do alot of it,but i am still in the learning process too.
I am so lucky to have a good husband!
I do count my blessings everyday!
Thanks again!
Bren
12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That was so inspiring to read you post and progress Bren. I am hoping to be able to do that "its only anxiety it will pass" You sound confident and peaceful, something I hope I can aquire, you're husband sounds like a gem, a great guy, that is important that he helps and supports you, I wish I had that but I cannot expect someone else to be my "safe person" I need to do that myself. I hope you get better and better! It was nice reading you're post, Sunny has been great too, and Davit and all the others to me.
Thanks Davit!!!!

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bren

You have come a long ways and I think pretty quickly too. I'm impressed. (I don't impress easily)
I'm glad to see you are willing to keep up the work and now is where it gets tough. It is so easy to stop here. I've seen it on the site and in personal dealings. So I want to encourage you to keep doing what you are doing till you feel you really have got all you can get out of it. At that point you should be Free. Free from excess anxiety, Free to do what ever you want. Free to be who ever you want to be. It does get easier, it is just time consuming but worth it. Keep us posted, you are an inspiration.

Davit
I have come a long way!
I am thankful for this too....As i do have those days now and then too..
All i can say is,do the work and it does help you..also journal everyday!
Get up and get going doing something!!
I do,and i find alot after a while..iam ok!
Bren
12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren,

It sounds like you are doing a great job at managing situations where you are experiencing anxiety symptoms. This is huge! How does it feel knowing that you have learned how to control these symptoms or at least control your reaction to them?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brenda:  Sounds like you "got" it.  Need to take care of yourself.  Positive affirmations are great.  Lucky you with a hubby who is willing to give you a massage. lol   
Sunny 
Thanks Hugs!!!
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bren,
It's great for you to assure us that we can go into and out of those moments of difficulty.

And I like your saying that it will pass!  Another person I knew used to say "the sun goes up and down"...

You're probably the envy of many of us who don't have a personal masseur/masseuse

Reading this thread: