Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Intro:)

8 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, it sounds like you are doing fantastic and putting a lot of hard work into this. Reading what you wrote put a big smile on my face. Very nice work! Be sure to reward yourself and acknowledge all the effort you are putting into this.
Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there :) exposure is actually going quite well :). I am running errands with limited symptoms, am able to acknowledge the panic cycle and where I jumped into it at. I use the challenging negative thoughts questions which I keep a copy of with me in my purse. I journal which helps. Sometimes if I don't have paper handy I will use the memo option on my phone. Things pop up and make it hard to go through step by step with the goal setting but I am filling out those work sheets today and working them this week. I refuse to let myself "run away" or "avoid" when I start to have symptoms. I still work on my negative thoughts forms and just try to keep working my tools from previous weeks until things (dr appts, school functions etc.) slow down and I can really work the exposure step by step.

:)
8 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Thank you for sharing a bit about what you have been going through. It sounds like you have had to overcome a lot. Congratulations on getting through it all! 

How is the exposure going now? How are you doing today? 
Ashley, Health Educator
Thank you!! And absolutely, they can be so scary. Especially if those surrounding you don't understand what it's like.  That's why its so important and valuable when people are so open here. 
8 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulation on finding out your having a baby girl!! :) I can remember when I found out-so happy.  I struggled with depression but, have that under control and no longer feel like that is an issue with me.  I never experienced a panic attack until this past year.  Last week I had one and I really felt I was losing control and wouldn't be able to come out of it.  Scary for me.  I have been very inspired by reading the information and posts on here too. 
Hi everyone:)  I just wanted to introduce myself, I have not had the easiest of lives (who has?) but am proud of the person that I have become. ( I was a hard working single mom with a full time job and little to no help, and am now happily married with another little one on the way.) I had had issues with ptsd and mild depression but not until the middle of last year did I have any personal experience with panic disorder and agoraphobia. I definitely hit a very hard bottom which involved hospitalizations (2 of which I nearly didn't make it, not intentional, just horrible coping when no one seemed to understand and I was desperate to try to be functioning and present.) These issues cost me my job, which I was very successful in, almost my marriage (there is still struggles with getting some understanding with set backs, but we are doing much better) family relationships (some needed to go) you name it....I am much, much better now than what I was for the 10 worst months of my life.  I had a minor set back a couple months ago, (had a few panic attacks, higher anxiety and avoidance...) no where near my lowest low, but a signal that I needed further help through CBT. Which  brings me here :) I am in my 4th week and have started my exposure practices (eek!) I still get "uncomfortable" (very) but am so encouraged with the progress I have made thus far. Dr appts terrified me, (not practical if you're pregnant) but I was recently able to go and enjoy it for the 1st time with my family:) just in time to find out that I am having a baby GIRL!!! It is so good to be in a program that has such support and understanding (2 crucial things that I haven't had) and to know that maybe I could help someone feel like they're not alone and that we can do this. Just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for being so open. That has never been an easy idea for me and your posts are of great support and inspiration. I hope mine will be the same for someone... :)

Reading this thread: