Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,524 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Hello! I´m excited to join this group! Having reoccurrence of panic attacks recently.

8 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

It is so inspiring to read how far you have come. Thank you for sharing. As I am sure you know, having relapses like this is normal and part of the healing process. It is amazing that you are coming here to work through this so quickly. Nice work. You said the panic attacks happen while driving. What do you think was the trigger? What have you been doing or thinking differently leading up to the attack?

We will be here to support you through this. I look forward to reading more from you.

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome :)
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck.  Hopefully you will get through this minor setback soon.
8 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi!
I have suffered on and off in varying degrees of panic. From acrophobia to almost none since I was 10. 1982 to be exact. I've had every therapy possible. At age 21 I began using alcohol to "control" panic. I have been sober since 1997. I've really come a long way for the better and have learned to live with and accept my panic disorder. I live a fulfilling and full life. I'm able to fly, see concerts, shop.. Etc. things I never thought possible. Believe me, this took much work on my part and decades of continuous work with it. I'm on no addictive medication, I'm a recovering alcoholic. 
In the last 3 weeks, I've had a reoccurrence of panic attacks, almost always while driving. I have had this in the past. I'd like to get some support and work through this panic relapse. I have faith this won't last forever.. I know from past experience keeping it inside and hiding it makes it worse. So here I am! Thanks. 

Reading this thread: