Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

New here, but a long time anxiety sufferer

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sherri, it's Shari :)  I had to choose to not display my country also, since I'm from the States and it said I was from Canada also :)  Just wanted to say, "Hi", and I hope you are doing well.

Shari
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marjoso,

In the "Support Group Options" you can chose to not display your country. Your Support Group Options are over the top right hand corner of Forums.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks hugs. I will check them out. 

I just noticed that I'm from Canada, which I'm not.... How do I change that?
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sherri,
The books "Mastery of Anxiety & Worry" & "Mind Over Mood" present similar forms from this site, but in graphical form.  This helped me since I'm visually oriented. 

One book I've been meaning to read, is by a university professor called "Why Not", which is about his struggle finding meaning.  He wrote the book to encourage people to just live for the next day, since it can be a struggle just getting up, and travelling what seems to be a lonely road.

With the support group though, as Shari states, it's more helpful 

If you've had times when you're teaching or mentoring or just giviing someone directions, or volunteering, you'll understand how energizing it can be to reaching out to another, and find empowerment.
Thanks Shari. I'm also a Sherri. Many different spellings, same name.
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome marjoso,

Anxiety Free by Robert Leahy is an excellent book.  What really worked for me was this program on the Panic Center.  I read the book (mentioned above) and was fine for a year and then the panic attacks returned.  When I did the program on the site, I haven't had a panic attack in over two years.  I believe it is due to the support group, because you can ask specific questions regarding your situation and everyone has experience and valuable coping skills which personalize you overcoming panic.  The book is great, but alone, without the support group, it was a temporary help.  But, along with this program, it will be a valuable asset in wanting to learn more.  The book teaches very similar things as this program does, so it's a nice addition.  It reinforces what you learn here.  

Shari
I read through the first session and did my first diary entry yesterday. I want to rush ahead, but I will follow the program and take the week to get used to tracking my thoughts and anxiety before I move on. I love to read. Are there any good books on CBT or anxiety issues that anyone could recommend?
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear Marijoso!

Looking forward to supporting you in getting where you want to be.

Have you had a chance to get stared yet? Any questions so far?

Ashley, Health Educator
Thanks. I've been dealing with this for a long time, so don't expect a quick fix, and I'm definitely willing to do the work. Until recently I didn't know that there was help for this. I was told that my brain chemicals were off, so I thought I was just stuck with it. Im thrilled with the possibility of being able to help myself!

11 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marjoso,

Welcome to the Online forum and to our program. You will find a lot of information and the members here will be able to provide you with a lot of great feedback.
Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time as of late so hopefully what you find here will help.

Our program is based mostly in cognitive behavioural therapy and is evidence based.
The benefit you can gain from our program depends a lot on the work you put in though the homework in the different sessions. It is not a quick fix by any means, but hopefully you will find results you are looking for as you progress through it.

Thanks for checking in, and continue to let us know how you are doing and we will try and help where we can.

Matthew - Health Educator

Reading this thread: