Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

New Member needs suggestions.

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Cdog,

I just wanted to drop in and say welcome to the forums!
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the board, cdog!  I don't know if you have a desk job like me, but music tends to help me with those "quiet" times.  Distractions are a wonderful thing!  Then when I have a moment to cool down, like lunch or a break, I challenge my thoughts much like they suggest in this program.

If you do write a book, please let me know.  I would be interested in checking it out!

Cheers,
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you're feeling better
Keep us posted on how you're doing,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you for you help! i will definately use this site more often. even if its just to vent. i am going to try relaxation tonight. like i said before this hasnt happened in a long time so hopefully it will just pass again. but for the time being...it stinks!! (i know everyone can relate). the journal idea is a very good one too. im actually strongly considering writing a book to help others.

thanks again for your help:)

update: after i wrote this i felt alot better. was off and on all day. but keeping myself busy always helps!
thank you for you help! i will definately use this site more often. even if its just to vent. i am going to try relaxation tonight. like i said before this hasnt happened in a long time so hopefully it will just pass again. but for the time being...it stinks!! (i know everyone can relate). the journal idea is a very good one too. im actually strongly considering writing a book to help others.

thanks again for your help:)

update: after i wrote this i felt alot better. was off and on all day. but keeping myself busy always helps!
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cdog11ksc,   Welcome to our support community.  Thanks for sharing your story with us.  There are many people within this support group thats share the sme questions and concerns as you.  We are all a group of individuals who support each other.      Take the time to go through the Panic Program.  This program is 12-weeks and involves supportive tests that prepare you with information that you can present to your physician.  Each session is based on the previous session, so we strongly encourage advise that you work through slowly through the program and not jump ahead.  These tests may or may not be for you but they are free.    About your anxiety attacks, have you tried relaxation techniques?  Something like deep breathing could be helpful.  Getting into the calmest state before bed may keep your anxiety from rebounding in the morning.  Perhaps you can create and listen to a playlist that will keep you calm and relaxed during your commute to and from work.  You may also want to try journalling your frustrations before employing your relaxation techniques.  Session 2 &3 will teach you how to recognize and challenge anxious thoughts.    Please continue to share your feelings and lean on us for support,   Karen, Health Educator
hey everyone, im a new member and was hoping for some help. ill try to summarize my situation the best i can. I started getting panic attacks about 6 or 7 years ago. The doc put me on Effexor and it worked great and everything has been fine since then. Ive had a few minor panic attacks here and there but nothing compared to what it was when they started. However, this past weekend it all came back wth a vengence. I was in the middle of NYC and freaked out. I needed to leave and get out. So I did. I know this happened becasue ive had a lot of stress lately. I got a new job, i moved, im trying to get my fiance a job so she can move in with me, im living with my future father in law until we can find a house, i travel about an hour to work everyday and an hour home, and to top it all off im turning 28 next week and my cousin passed away 4 years ago (when he was 28) of heart failure. All this was going on and i think the dam just broke. I have acknowledged this and im trying my best to move on but I just cant seem to shake this nausious/guilty feeling. The attack occured on Sunday. After I got out of the situation i was fine for the rest of the day. Then on monday the feeling was coming back as I was heading to work. I finally got there but had to leave halfway through the day. I left and went to the walk in clinic to see a doctor. The doc reassured me that i was fine but it made me feel better to just hear it out of someone elses mouth. Tuesday I couldnt even make it to work. So i took the day off, got my bloodwork done and made an appointment to see the cardologist to again reassure me that I was fine. After that I was feeling alot better but i still had a nervous feeling knowing that I needed to go back to work Wednesday morning. i wasnt sure how my body would react. Sure enough I was freaking out on the way to wrok but I knew the best thing was to go and get though the day. I coped with it throughout the morning untl about lunch. then it all seemed to go away. I thought i had taken care of it and wa really excited. but.....thursday (today) morning I still have it now that I am at work. I know ill make it though the day because i did yesterday but its just the anticipation that im having thats making me sick/naucious. Im wrting this becuase its helping me not focus on my anxiety. Its taking my mind off of it.

Im also hoping someone can share some tips or some coping techniques for me to shake this. Im thinking that I just needed to get this off my chest and it will make me feel better so I browsed the internet and found this site. ANything anyone can share would be appreciated.

Im pretty good with anayzing all this and helping others in my family cope with anxiety. So Im planning on keeping up with this site and hopefully share my experiences and knowledge with others to make them feel better and cope.

thanks all:)

Reading this thread: