Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hello, im new to this

16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya John, I don't know which province you are in but I suggest you look up your provincial programs. When I started having this ( Been dealing with this for over 15 years) It was really bad. I was housebound many times for different periods of time in my life. At one point, my doctor had me declared not fit for work and i got to have a bit of financial help from the gvt at the provincial level. So it would be worth it for you to look it up while you need it. Mostly I wanted to urge you to give this CBT course a try, it has really been helpimng me, it is a great program. Since my relapse in December, this program has really been a life saver. It has helped me regain much of my life and a sense of control and a sense of safety and that i can take care of myself. Anyway, hope this site helps you as much as it has helped me! welcome to the forums! -Diva
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
john, Welcome to our support community. This program can start by giving you information and knowledge regarding what is happening. Take the anxiety test and give a copy to your doctor, to help better assess the situation for you both. Begin challenging those thoughts and start the program, slowly. Members have advised of its usefulness and benefits. Medication may or may not be for you. Check with your doctor to come up with a plan that is right for you and your body. Take the time to look into the employment center, in your area, and find listings for online or home jobs. Your doctor may also get you some information on financial support. Please continue to share with us and let us guide you through your progress :) Josie ______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, good to know there are people willing to help, thank you. i am from canada too, i love going camping and stuff but i cant do it much, and if i do go camping i find that i have to do it somewhere where there are no other people around. i dont find it that hard to live this way, i am just really stressed out right now because i live at home but my dad has been seeing this woman for a while and he may be moving in with her and then i will be unable to support myself, and i dont know where i will go or what i will do.
16 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey John, HOw are you? I have experienced a similar situation as you. I am now 26 years old, and i have been suffering from anxiety attacks since i was 18 as well. As far as medication goes, i found it wasnt for me, and it made me a lil worse, but everyone has a different experience. I currently take only one pill now at night before i go to bed. I am not sure about finacial help, i dont know where u are from, but the U.S, offers alot more programs for plp. dealing with anxiety then in Cananda, where i am from. I was also without a job for a long time, and i was unable to leave my house as well. One thing that really helped me was the CBT course. I have been trying to take small steps, and do things one day at a time. I am now working only part time, for the past three years. I suggest the CBT course, if you feel you are able to do it, because it helped me alot, and i am now able to do many things, that i wasnt able to do like before. If you need any more advice, i would be glad to help you in any way that i can.
16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi my name is John, i am 21 and have been having attacks since i was about 18. I knew something was wrong with me, but refused to get help out of embarrassment and did not want to go on medication, but now i haven't had a job in about a year because the attacks were getting much worse and i just cannot be amoung people anymore. I live my life basically just in my house, which isn't too bad, but i am 21 and am unable to help my father pay the bills and it is just the two of us in the house. I had a couple of questions i was wondering about for anyone who has dealt with this sort of thing before 1) how well does the medication work? 2) is there some kind of financial support for people in my shoes? or does anyone know of any jobs that require no social interaction? such as working from home or over the internet?

Reading this thread: