Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

New-anyone ever heard of this panic symptom?

20 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lisa, I also feel like I haven't lived much, I often feel like I've been cheated out of my teens and early 20's as I didn't really do all the things that people of that age usually do due to having panic disorder. I also believe that this life is a test. I think that the way you live your life, in this life determines which 'level' you go to in your next life. I guess I have similar beliefs to you or to the traditional Christian beliefs, I just express them differently. Where you say you believe that we have angels all around us, I believe that there are spirits all around us guiding us. Same general belief just expressed a different way. Thanks for your response, its always good to hear the views and beliefs of others, particularly when we suffer from this horrible disorder, sometimes someone will say something here that just helps to carry me through another day. I can't help but think that this must all be for a reason - we must be experiencing PD for a reason, just not sure what it is! Take Care, Taz. :)
20 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Renee, I think that that is great about counceling....that is a great step for him, at least he is willing to try to understand. Best of luck! Lisa
20 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lisa, Thanks for the advice. You're probably right to an extent. I don't think he ever did understand nerves, anxiety, panic, etc. But I will try to help him understand. The couples counseling we will be attending soon maybe will help.... Renee
sky, Thanks for the note. Such a relief to know that someone else gets the same symptoms. They are so terrible. H is trying to understand, he has asked a few times if I'm feeling better, etc. Not so sure I want him to read the posts yet, though, because I might mention stuff he does that bugs me and I won't want him to read them! :8o: Thanks for the idea, though. Renee
Sammi, Thanks for your reply, it helps to know I'm not alone in my symptoms, OR my attacks, for that matter. Sorry to hear yours came back after two years. That's terrible the doctors weren't more helpful! Thank God, in my family my mom has had anxiety disorder for years, and my grandma, so no problem to figure out what was going on with me. Although, they did do tests anyway to rule out other diseases. Thanks again for the reply and hope you find the help you are looking for! Renee
Hi Again Taz, Thank you for the insight. I think it's great that you think positive about death. I guess I need to work on it. I think that my fear of dying is because I haven't really lived a good life up to this point. I haven't accomplished my dreams. Having to deal with PD daily I feel that I have been cheated in some way...and it makes me angry. We all only get one chance at this life. sometimes I believe that this life is a test for a better one after you pass, and that you must do a great job here to receive the better life. I guess I feel that maybe I haven't done enough good for me and others to be given the gift of a better life once I pass. I was raised in a Christian home and do believe that there are angels around all of us protecting us from harm. It's just really hard to totally believe when there is no real proof. I guess that is where faith comes in. Anyway, thank you for your response it has encouraged me to look at things a little differently. Take Care. Lisa
20 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lisa, I don't really have any advice on having a fear of dying. I guess most people handle that because of their religion or beliefs etc. I toyed with religion for the last few years but never felt comfortable with it. I've always been much more spiritual and interested in psychics and spirits etc, although this can sometimes freak you out after awhile! I tend to believe many of the buddhist teachings and believe to an extent in re-incarnation. I have no set religion or belief system, I'm still looking at different areas of religions to see if there is anything that gels with me and the way I think. One belief I have with no uncertainty at all is that when you die it doesn't end. I firmly believe that there is more and this strong belief keeps me from getting upset over death, although occasionally if I think about it long enough it scares me a little. I think its through going to psychics and (supposedly) having had contact with spirits of family members that I have developed a belief in the afterlife. Maybey you need to find some sort of belief system to hold onto as well?! :)
Hi Taz, I read your reply to Renee's post and wanted to say I hear you about staying positive with your thoughts. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT with PD. I have a hard time watching TV as well...Funny....Anything to do with death,violence I do not watch. Sometimes commercials even get me thinking bad thoughts. I never watch the news because it's too hard to keep thinking positive. I avoid speaking with my twin sister because she's always talking about this person being ill....or this person is dying. I can't handle it! Most of my fears are about dying. I have not come to accept that I will die some day, it scares me too much. I guess as you get older it gets more real. I'd love to lose this thought all together. Any advice? Lisa
Renee, Everyone, When I hear about your husband not understanding I so can relate to it. Most of the time I get, "that's stupid" when I try to explain how I'm feeling. I think it is just fear of the unknown for him. I'd bet deep down inside he worries about you. Men are different when dealing with problems. I believe that your husband just can't understand what he can't see with his eyes. The advice that the others have given is reat but....getting your husband involved is a seperate task. I wish you luck, and don't give up you have found friends who understand here. Take care Lisa
20 years ago 0 239 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Renee, and everyone. Just wanted to back up again what you've said. The symptoms, every one of them including the ringing ears, I experience when having a panic attack. Really hope your husband understands this panic thing soon. Encourage him to come on this site and read some of the threads. Take care :)

Reading this thread: