Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Is it for me?

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi
David,
This course  has helped me with my anxiety issues so much...it will help you. It really will. I had that shadow for over 20 years, and through this program and a med I am well on my way to freedom from it...let me tell you..its a wonderful feeling! Keep us posted, ask any questions.
Juanita
13 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi David,

Welcome to the site.  This site is proven to help. It is based in CBT principles which are the best known treatment for anxiety.

Be sure to work on the program regularly.  Also, post and read in the forums often.  We are all here to support you.

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi David,
Welcome to the program and support group. Like Davit and Sunny have said this site can really help you.  I hope you get started soon you have nothing to loose and a lot to gain.

Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dafydd

Let me echo sunny. Yes the site will help you. There is information here you need. You can get to the point where you seldom if ever need the medication. This I know fotr a fact.

Here for you
Davit
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi David:  Welcome to the site.  You bet, this is for you.  This program is for anyone who has stress or anxiety.  It can benefit even those who do not have panic attacks at all.  I don't have panic attacks anymore, however, like you, I often feel symptoms of anxiety before public speaking or going somewhere I really don't want to go.  This CBT program will teach you different coping skills but better than that, it will show you who you are.  It will get you to think about what your negative core beliefs are which influence your way of perceiving and thinking about events, past, present or future.  I hope you give it a good try.  This forum is very good too.  You will hear from a lot of people in varying stages of recovery.  Some of us no longer have panic attacks, some are in the middle and some are just starting out.  If you read past posts too, you will learn and be inspired by others.  The forum is a good place to ask questions, just vent, or share a lousy day.  We are here to support one another and we also share and celebrate all our successes.  Good luck.

Sunny
13 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, I've just been through the registration programme and i realised just how infrequent my panic attacks are. I guess that's because of my avoidance of situations. It's the sheer anxiety of possibly having an attack that seems to cripple me, socially that is.When i have to put myself into a position where I'm anxious I take a very small dose of medication, diazepam, and generally i get through - however the fear doesn't get any less for the next occasion. I have had this fear for over thirty years - it's like having an additional shadow! So given that my panic attacks are rare, and that I've had them for such a long time, plus I hate talking  / thinking about them, is this course going to benefit me?
thanks for taking the time to read this. I appreciate it!
David

Reading this thread: