Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

feeling it again...

9 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks JayDee and Davit.

Davit, I wish you all the best during your cataract surgery. I used to assist cataract surgeries so I know you have nothing to worry about.  It is a fast treatment.

I will keep what you guys have said in mind, hope it only gets better from here.

Thank you!
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

If you can get your mind around the fact that everything you do has to pass through memory for direction and permission and that everything you do and think gets stored somewhere in memory for future reference then you can see how repetition of a positive nature is beneficial and repetition of a negative nature is detrimental. 
This isn't just a theory but a fact and the process for changing thought patterns.
Benzodiazipenes work by limiting the ability to do this and on a very short term basis are beneficial. On a limited use small dose basis they can allow a person to work on positive thought. On a large dose long term they block too much positive from getting where it can be used for further reference in memory. In fact because of this they can affect short term memory.

JayDee, my operation was postponed till the 18th now. Cataract surgery is a ten (actual) minute operation done under a local. Prep time though is about an hour. There is no sensation but it can be a bit claustrophobic under the drape that will be stuck to my face. I'm looking forward to having it done and over with. Due to CBT this is a rather minor inconvenience.

Davit.
9 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cara423,

All through the month of May and June, I woke up each morning with my heart racing, feeling dizzy-light headed and having the numbness in fingers/arms and legs. I got to the point where after getting thru a few of the sessions each morning I had to tell myself to stop the thoughts. I was actually increasing my anxiety/panic attacks by what I was thinking each morning. So every time I start thinking about my symptoms, I tell myself, "Stop the thoughts!" It finally started working after a week or so of consistency. I then tell myself I am perfectly healthy and I find something else to occupy my thoughts. I hope this helps.
Thanks Louis1728.  I really appreciated that.  Thats the only thing that keeps this anxiety fuelling, its the dizziness and feeling of being unreal and un well. I've been to the doctors so many times and got the same healthy speal and its either anxiety or inner ear problems etc....its hard to not be anxious about your health but CBT helps with that. Some days are worse than others.

I've had anxiety/panic attacks since OCt 2012 but had two previously sporatically, I remember it well....Halloween night.   sometimes, I feel so bad that I want to go to ER or get a doctors advice....but distract myself and realize I'm okay.

Its so hard and i hate it....I try not to think about it much....but its such a struggle everyday. I remember I had a few good months, but I hate fighting this. I want it all to be automatic again....

How does it become automatic....
9 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terrycamp & Cara,

I share the same pain! Dizziness and some sensations that become even worse from the moment I think about them.
Always thinking that my body has some sort of problem like a heart attack, and all these scary things.

But hey! Nothing ever happened to me in the last 9 months! SO I always say to myself that it cannot get any worse & that I'm just dramatizing about my health. Somehow it always passes and comes back another time but each time it's a step forward to recovery.

There are some times, usually after exercise or a cup of chamomile when I really feel totally normal, and confident about recovering from this disorder. These moments are like energy booster. They confirm that I actually have anxiety disorder (physical illnesses don't come and go like this..) and actually want to go further towards recovery.

To be honest, whether I will ever recover or not, this disorder is a life lesson to me. I learned how to be humble, appreciate each little moment of life. I started doing some positivity work, trying to see all the positive instead of the negative. It's not easy when you start but I can already see that it becomes automatic after some time. Happiness is a choice! :)

I know that the day I will fully recover from this disorder, I will not regret having this problem. I will see it as a challenge that I had to overcome to move forward.

Looking forward to recover with you,
L
Hi Terrycamp,

I'm glad I have people to share these annoying anxiety symptoms.  I am feeling off balance and dizzy today.  I know its not real dizziness coz I can make them go away if you can understand what that means.

Do you get these too? If I give it power, it causes me more anxiety and worry about it.

Last summer was the worse time of my life, this year is better. But anxiety thoughts still consumes my mind.

Thanks

9 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi cara I'm going through the same thing ... I get scared from the sensations of the anxiety... I just have to Tell myself that nothing will happen from them and they are not dangerous just annoying and uncomfortable... Please write to me anytime and we can help eachother  
These setbacks are real scary but at the end of it, it teaches me more about myself and the anxiety.  I realized my anxiety is worse before my periods, and that my anxiety is caused by a faulty interpretation.  It makes me think about things about what I'm feeling which makes me anxious.

I blame everything on anxiety, I get sad and feel weird out of no where and I blame it on anxiety...CBT does work.
9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cara423,

Set backs are a part of the learning process. Try not to think of them as set backs but as learning opportunties.

What did you learn this time?

Ashley, Health Educator
Thanks Davit, I always put my psychologist's words "it doesn't get worse than it already has....it only gets better. you've faced the worse already.'....

Camping is very relaxing...I love looking at the stars at night :)

Reading this thread: