Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,673 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Bleurgh !

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aw man, Dee. I haven't been on an old country road in yeaaaaars.  Funny how some of the things that once annoyed me, I now miss.  I hear you about your cousin though, especially with a situation like that, it can be difficult to confront properly.  Time will tell...

Glad to hear about you visiting your mothers baptism, and that it went well!  Step by step, you're definitely heading in the right direction.

Miki:  It seems like every person unknowingly strives for what they need, sometimes that's an anxiety filled experience such as ours.  The "better path" for each person, doesn't apply to us all...being understanding of that can be hard, especially with certain people like my friend and Dee's cousin.  I guess the question I'm getting to, is how do we reply to those who don't accept their responsibility?  My mind tends to spin around simple things like this...
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Joe thanks for that great reply , love the fire v ice thing , i can relate to that . I had a really long hard think about my cousin . Im just dissappointed more than anything . Anger went , waved goodbye to that nasty baby . I asked my dad what he was going to do about it . He still dosnt know . She should be asked though i think , need to know why . She lost her son aged 3 a year and a half ago so its sooooooo very hard .

Ok i've been quiet , i can be . Joe you said to use my Mums Baptism as exposure , erm thats exatly what it was . An 80 round trip in horrible country roads *shudders* . . It went really well and im so pleased i went .
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya CD,

Was wondering how you were? How are the kiddies? and the pain, is it manageable lately? anyway, let me know how things are for you!
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can feel your words here Joe. I feel like I've been reborn after I stood up for myself this week.. and as long as we share earth together, I hope every single person on this planets strives to be a better person. I don't have a religion but I consider the earth my mother/ god. We all have a responisblity for living on it.
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya, Dee.  My sister in law is having the same issue with her family.  It makes no sense how people can be so selfish with something that's not even theirs!!  They're letting their rough times get the better of them, and thus take advantage of something they normally probably wouldn't.  Complete disregard like that infuriates me...but at the same time, the soft side in me, the side that hates ignorance, feels the need to know why and empathize with them.  Or try.  With understanding I see the complete lack of hope these people feel, and although it's no excuse for what they do, there's no point in holding on to it.  They've lost my trust, but I like to give them a chance to realize and better themselves.  In that I find hope in the ones who do good.  For the rest, well it's on them, not me.

Now with this being said I should note I don't feel this way for everyone.  Only loved ones or friends.  Anyone else, well I'm as cold as the ice age and write them off as strangers who I will keep in that category until I see good enough reason not to.  But it's really, really hard to get in this category for me, so it's an act of God to get out.  Wow, I'm really fire vs. ice on the subject aren't I?
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CD,

So sorry to hear that. It is awful that people could steal from family. Hang in there, we're here for you

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello hun,

When I read your post I felt so outraged! I agree that it is aweful that people could do that. I am also very sad that you are having to deal with this. I can definetely see why you are reeling from this. I would be mad and sad too. Big hugs to you hun! I know hugs don't fix everything but they can't hurt lol. hang in there and please keep us posted.
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Dee you are doing incredibly well. You are doing an amazing job!!!
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 i do have quiet days honest !

Hmmm today has got me very wound up indeed . I said in a previous post that my father came to see me . The oringal reason was for his visit was to tell me something . Im still reeling  .

I have told you that i lost my nan last December . My dad has just found out that my cousin/s have taken all her money over many years  . She used to 'manage' my nans finances for her . He hasnt talked to them yet but has my aunt (not there mum , both their parents died two years ago) .

How awful is this ??? Why are people so greedy and sneaky . I didnt trust one cousin but the other one , well i feel mad and sad at the same time .
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cornish Dee!! I feel like I'm watching an action movie when I read your stories!!!

Reading this thread: