Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,570 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

what kind of exposures would be helpful for me?

11 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To be honest, based on the level of anxiety I experience as soon as I wake up and remaining throughout the day, my expectations aren't too high. Talking to people on this forum that had what i have and have gotten through it successfully would be helpful.
11 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A week per session sounds good. Be sure to take more time if you need it.

Keep us updated on how you are doing. How does it feel knowing that you can take control of this?

Ashley, Health Educator
Thank you. I've worked through Session 1 and am keeping a daily anxiety tracker. i figure i'll give it a week before moving on to Session 2.  I appreciate your taking time in replying to me.
11 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nicklesprout,

Try not to jump right to the session on exposure. You will want to carefully do the homework for the first few sessions before working on exposure. In regards to your question you might want to check out the answer on CBT in the Questions to the Expert page. This will give some clarification on how to work with a constant anxious feeling.

Let us know what you find helpful and how you will apply it to your situation.

Ashley, Health Educator
nicklesprout here, I wake up with anxiety every morning as soon as i wake up and it stays with me throughout the day frequently.  i also have scrupulous / religious based thoughts.  what kind of exposures can help this? any thoughts?

Reading this thread: