Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,565 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DeeTart, PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE

Can this weather add to anxiety???

11 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your so right hugs...
Today was another 105....
Calling for rain tomarrow....hope so..but,i have decided to do more house work,and do some [painting inside my house..
I have got into a habit of taking naps during the afternoons,,so i hope i can get out of that one..so i think i am going to get busy with painting,and cleaning out some closets!
Bren
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren,
I take advantage of situations where I'm forced to be somewhere, to do something I would normally not have the self-discipline to do.  Cleaning is one of those things.

I noticed that I walk by mom's cookie jar, and help myself often, and that's a habit I'd like to break.  Wish they weren't around, but she likes them, and it makes the pills go down easily.  Walking by a temptation is like using that heat to force myself to do some things I might not do, under nicer conditions....like the cleaning.

Also, a  lot of people escape the dark, frigid winter to go to very hot locations at great expense.

It also could be worse, since some have lost power, and are at risk with young and elder people to care for.

Maybe there's a silver lining we can all see, if we look hard, but maybe someone else has more creative ideas. 

Yes,we do that a lot..drink plenty of water,eat cold watermelon.all that..but heat is heat..stay inside watch movies,and walk the Mall were it is very cool there,we dont cook inside the house,just microwave things to eat..i am not the only one as many are suffering through all this,i pray for those who have to work out in this heat,like my younger son,he is roofing houses...sure hope this will end soon!
I would go swimming,but water temps are very high too,they have called off all July 4th events,no fireworks at all ,banned here due to drought.....
Bren
11 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bren67,

Is there anything you can do to make things more comfortable when you go outside? Perhaps to enjoy some nice iced tea or a frozen treat?

What do you think?

Sonia
It is so hot,here just today 109,and no relief in sight until July 10th...
I am sure there are many that are house bound,and after awhile...it gets depressing to say the least...
We did get out and walk the Mall today,it was so nice and cool in there,but i think everyone had the same idea as we did...
Then,comes the time,you have to get in the car...ouch!!! hot hot hot!!
I am thankful for my AC at home,but i love to walk and get outside and do things,but this is awfull!
Bren

Reading this thread: