Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

triggers, lasting effects

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JohnnyO,

Although events like this may catch you off guard, it's important to catch yourself and your anxious thought patterns before they escalate and set you off into panic attacks. Continue to work through the program, reading your completed exercises and worksheets and post in the support group. There are many outlets that you can go to for support, take advantage of those available to you. 

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was caught off guard yesterday when a member of the rehabilitation staff phoned me and began questioning whether I was 100% prepared to be back at work full time.  In addition to setting me off shaking after the phone call,  I can feel the lasting effects today, a day later.  Placing that seed of doubt or perhaps reinforcing it was not the call I needed.

I found that immediately calling somebody to talk about it provided some relief and I even expressed it later at my communications class though now I'm concerned it was too personal an event to share with the whole class.

I hope today to focus on the tasks at hand and not be distracted by this likely well meaning person who has shocked me.

Reading this thread: