Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,665 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

help please

19 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Child; I have been to several psychiatrists, as well as social worker/therapists. It's a little awkward at first, but nothing to be afraid of. You'll feel better just being able to talk about things, and hopefully get some positive feedback how to deal with your problem and anxieties. *S* One thing you might try is writing out a little essay about how you've actually been feeling and what you think your issues are. That way if you're a little nervous and don't speak much at first, the therapist can read over what you'd "Wanted" To say but didn't. Good luck, and I hope you find some relief.
19 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi child, It is very unfortunate that you received such lack of understanding from your family doctor. Good for you though for still being able to seek help from a psychiatrist. I hope you are able to establish a trusting relationship with them so that they can help support you through your anxiety symptoms. Be sure to keep us posted. Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
19 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i saw my gp who said with a smile and a laugh that it was all in my head and i didn't need to worry i decided on my own that i needed to see a psychiatrist or a psychologist because even if my doctor thinks its nothing to worry about i feel like i'm dying way to often for anything to be ok (i've had panic attacks so bad i black out) i've taken the anxiety test , and i am going to keep the panic journal for a mounth before i go see anyone. thank you so much for even caring to respond to this
19 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Child, I assume you have had a complete physical and your GP has recommended you see a psychiatrist(??) If so, take the "Anxiety Test" on the left side of the web page, print the results and bring the results to the psychiatrists' with you. This will give you a place to begin talking. It's very scary, but I'm sure you'll do fine. Just going is a good sign you want to help yourself feel better! Good Luck!!
19 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Child i've only been to a phsychiatrist once and I was really nervous too. I've seen a phsychologist quite a few times and he made me feel very comfortable. Just remember they are there to help you. They'll first ask for some background info to get to know you a bit. You'll be fine!!
19 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i have finally arranged to see a psychiatrist all i have to do i chose a date but i have never done anything like this before i don't speak to my general practitioner i try my best not to speak to anyone if i don't have to and i'm scared that im just going to end up sitting in some room with this woman thinking i am a mute i was wondering what other peoples first visits were like and what i should expect

Reading this thread: