Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Who Here Has Come Agoraphobia?

8 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
But I don't have agoraphobia....

You told me in the thread to me you had agoraphobia, so did you have it and now it's gone or you never had it at all?

Also, I really don't understand how you forcing yourself to go to various shops around Canada isn't any different than the exposure therapy that Dr. Weekes or this website suggests people to do aside from the CBT you did. 
My post was asking who here has overcome it and how. Please do not hijack my post for your own agoraphobia. Please make your own post. Thank you.
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Feelthelove

Have you ever had two migraines in a row. I can always feel them come so I have a little warning. I never get two in a row so I know once it goes I'm okay for the day at least. The last one I had I was on a tractor. It would be nice if I could find a cause and affect for them. They cause Agoraphobia but are not caused by Agoraphobia since I can still do what I was doing. Short of driving. But I don't have Agoraphobia so it could be different for you.

Davit
8 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have agoraphobia , but it is brought on by the fear of getting a migraine aura , i haven't been out alone since my last migraine aura , until i can conquer the fear i need someone to go out with all the time , although i did walk to and from my caravan to the showers last weekend by myself so i am improving but i felt very safe on the camp site where we stayed so maybe that was how i managed it , also my husband was close by which made me feel safe too .

Who here has overcome agoraphobia? What precisely did you do? If you have not overcome agoraphobia, please do not answer it will only irk me.

Reading this thread: