Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Mornings - Heavy anxiety!

14 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great suggestions Senses!

Also, try to remind yourself you still have how ever many minutes or hours left to sleep or relax in your cozy bed.  Try to be thankful that it is not yet time to wake up and have a nice little stretch in your covers.  Focus on feelings of comfort and take deep abdominal breaths.

Let us know how it goes.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will try this, it sounds like a pretty good idea of what might be happening to me. Cuz I really hate waking up early, and I'v never done that before, whithout an alarmclock that is of course :)
Thanx for the tip!
While its possible that you are waking up with these severe panic attacks, it might actually be that you are waking up early, then having a panic attack because you can't understand why its happening.  This causes a cycle of going to sleep and worrying your going to wake up at 5 frightened, and thus causing it to happen day after day.  It isn't that much different then going to sleep afraid that you will wake up late and be late to work, and so of course your body responds by waking you up promptly 5 minutes before your alarm clock is set to go off!

When you combine this with the fact that at least for me, in early morning your feeling a little weak because you haven't had a chance to put up your panic protection shields, it can probably make for a pretty rough start to the day.  I think the real key here, is to realize that waking up early does not neccessarily have to be a panic causing situation.  You aren't being startled out of sleep because of something bad, you are simply waking up, and then falling into thoughts of fear and despair.  Next time you wake up just try to remember that you are okay, and you are in a safe place.  Just keep repeating to yourself that you are okay, and work on your breathing.  Don't worry about going back to sleep, just worry about relaxing your body and trying to find some comfort again. 

I hope this helps.
-Senses
14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
irmerlin,

Although it may not be a side effect of the medication itself, it may be a symptom of the increase in dosage level. However, it is difficult to say if these symptoms are in direct relation to the medication.

Either way, it is strongly encouraged that you speak to your pharmacist or doctor about these symptoms. He or she may also be able to review your sleeping patterns and perhaps pinpoint what may be causing these issues.

What are your sleeping habits like? Have these changed recently?

Keep us posted on how you are doing and if you have any further questions.

Sarah, Health Educator
I forgot to say thank you for answering me! I'm really glad I found this site, it helps to know other people experience the same thing, and people having proffesional thoguhts on whats happening.

So - thanx
It really doesnt feel like a sideeffect of my meds, I have taken the same medication for almost 5 years now... feels very strange that this would be the reason....
14 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
irmelin,

Sorry to hear that you're having these strange bouts every morning. Have you spoken to your doctor about it?
We would suggest speaking to your doctor or pharmacist, as it may be a side effect of the medication.

Members, has anyone ever experienced this? 

Hang in there irmelin,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

The last couple of weeks I've been waking up every morning, like 5:00am  from having the worst anxiety...
My chest burns, and I get this "electrecuted feeling" in my chest. (Hard to explain)
I'm having troublr breathing and it feels like I'm really gonna loose it. Wich I know i wont, but still sthe feeling is horrible!

Why does this come back every morning????????

After an hour or so I often go back to sleep, and I wake up a couple of hours later, completley exhausted.
I dont take any sleepingpills. I dont need because I always fall asleep easily. And I've never experienced this thing with waking up early before. What IS this??

I'm on sertraline 100mg/day and has been for 3 weeks now. Before that I was on sertraline 50mg for a year and before that 100mg for almost 4 years.

Anyone having this morninganxiety creepy feeling?? PLEASE do tell me have to get rid of it! I'm sure that if I didnt have this anxietyattacks every morning, I would feel so much better during the days. It kinda remains me every morning that "it's still there, I'm not well yet"! 

Later in the day I don't feel a lot of anxiety. Not this much as least....

Please answer if you have any experience of this crazy thing.... I'm really sad about it...

Big hugs!

Reading this thread: