Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Feeling a little scared today!!

17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Lorlee I am glad to know your experience with this was not too bad! Thanks for the update :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes we are certainly glad you made it through the test! Dont worry. Worryign will not help now. I'm sure everything is fine. As i said, you are doing the right thing! When you get the results, you can finally move on!! let us know!
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lorlee, Thanks for checking in! We are glad to see you made it through your test! Danielle ____________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi angel and everyone else, Sorry it took me a few days to respond on how it went. As you can tell I survived quite well. The monitor was a little uncomfortable but other than that it was fine. I felt a lttle nervous at first but as long as it didn't make any noises I was fine. I should have all the results by Tuesday but I think I am just fine. Cutting down on the coffee and not eating chocolate has really helped an awful lot. I was thinking I might have affected the results though by not being as active as I normally am. Having that thing attached to me made me very aware of what I was doing. But I will not worry myself too much about that "what will be will be". To be very honest I think I am so sick and tired of being scared all the time that I am just plain worn out. So thats it for now. Thanks everyone for your support and I will let you know my results when I get them. Have a great day!!!!!
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lorlee, I guess the 24 hours is up by now! I'm sorry i didn't message you earlier. But I truly hope it went well. I had a monitor hooked up to me too not too long ago. I was soooo freaked out. And i asked soooo many questions. I even called them back on the way home cause i was freaking out haha. Anyhow, its good that you are doing it. This is a GOOD THING. so dont worry. You are doing the right thing by checking if everything is ok with yoru heart. and i'm pretty sure it is! It does not hurt at all....its just annoying cause of the sticky things on your skin hehe. But i'm sure its all over now. Let us know how it went!
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lorlee, Don't be scared. It's a very simple test. The recorder has a tape in it, looks like a walkman and you carry it with you. It doesn't make any noise. It's hooked up to leads (like the ones used for an ECG)that will be placed on your chest. That's it! Once the 24 hours have passed, the tape is taken and analyzed and you're disconnected. Chelle39, Although the exact cause of panic attacks has not yet been pinpointed. Some research has shown that hormones may play a role. Danielle ____________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had to wear a holter monitor too. I have mitral valve prolapse, which is very common among women. It adds alot to my anxiety and panic also. My heart skips and races and is worse when I am stressed. You were saying something about perimenopause... I have been told that I have a hormonal imbalance, could that cause panic and things also? Michelle
17 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mel, I am being monitored for heart palpitations. I recently began to experience them on a daily basis. Some days it is all day long. It was really scaring me. I have had blood work and an ecg done already. My Doctor does not seemed overly concerned and seems to think my anxiety is playing a key role. (big surprise!!) I have also cut my coffee intake to 2 cups a day and have given up chocolate. That makes me the saddest. I love chocolate but it is time to take care of myself better. I too at times have a racing heart. There is a possibility I might be going through peri-menopause. I have many of the symptoms which include the palpitations and racing heart. So if there are any other recycled teenagers out there like me it is something else you might want to check with your Doctor about. ;)
17 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lorlee, May I ask what kind of problems that you are having that you are going to get a halter monitor? I had one a few years ago because I had an extremly fast heart rate it didnt matter what i was doing even if I was lying down my heart rate would be 120beats per min. well any way I got checked out, and they said that I just had a binign tachycardia, that I could take meds or just deal with it that I would be ok. and yes the fast heart rate really adds to my anxiety at times but for the most part Im used to it. Im sure everything will be ok..
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Lorlee, Well I am sure you will do fine, I beleive you can do this. But i hear you about asking the technicians questions lol! Anyway, gl and let us know how it goes!

Reading this thread: