Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Tough Day today

10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mamma D,

Thinking of you - how have you been the past couple days?  Know that we're here for you.  Great words of wisdom from fellow members.  Hang in there - you will get through this. 
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is such a gargantuan battle to quit smoking.  And you are a superhero for getting started.  If you cannot choose which emotion you are currently feeling that you should focus on, may I suggest you select PRIDE.  Only the strong commit.  Only the strong succeed.  Be strong.

If it didn't get any easier, no one would ever stay quit!  There are benefits.  You may have to be a monster and a blubbering mess that cries yourself a swimming pool before you see them but they are on that road in front of you.  Sure, the glare is harsh, the road is long and the journey is fraught with potholes, but if you just whack on some shades, grab your personal commitment road map and a long distance pogo stick and get hoppin, those non-smoking miles will clock up before you can say 'I am a quitter'.

Hang in there.  Happy New Year.

x T
10 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey keep hanging in there days do be tough . One minute hour at a time . Does pass . Does get easier
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough day.

I had a rough one, too, but it wasn't about cigarettes. Thankfully, that crazy desire to to smoke does decrease over time. 

It will get better. In the meantime, remember that it is OK to feel sad, cry, sleep, or whatever you do when you're hurting (as long as you don't smoke or hurt anyone).  
  • Quit Meter

$22,623.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 604 Hours: 16

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm sorry today is a tough day Mamma D. As you said it will get easier. Being emotional and feeling crappy is normal right now. If you feel up for it exercise will help. If you are not quite up for that then just do what you need to do to sooth yourself today. Once work is done go home and just relax. Order in, watch a feel good movie, take a bubble bath, call a friend to vent, do whatever you have to do to feel better.

You will get through it. Focus on why you're doing this. It is worth it!

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am full of emotione today and just want to cry.  Trying to just get thru this week.  The battle will be forever but I'm just trying to survive today. I keep telling myself that things will get better and to hang in there. THINKING   H A L T    and   N O P  E

Reading this thread: