Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Day 8

10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carols, 

Keep singing and dancing like no one is watching   Hell week is done!!  Lots to celebrate.  
Congrats and keep it up!
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Okay moving on to day 9.  I have used the craving tool since day one, it is very useful!

10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carols,

Congrats on doing so well so far!  Yes, the second week will be easier, but stay alert and prepared.

Great advice from everyone here.  That Positive attitude will really help!

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke! 

Lolly.    
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quote from Carols: "Doing fine today, had quite a few urges but they seem milder and more easily controlled.  At least that is what I'm choosing to believe"

Carols,
If you haven't already, you might want to make use of the Cravings Diary (under the "My Program" tab above). It allows you to rate and chart your craving level each day. This was very helpful for me, because I could see how the cravings levels were decreasing over time. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,660.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 605 Hours: 16

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Everyone for the support.  It is very nice to have a place to share with folks that have been through it also!!!!!

Eyja, I think we share some traits :)  Positive attitude, what others call Oldie music (I love Jethro Tull) and deep breathing exercises so far.

Doing fine today, had quite a few urges but they seem milder and more easily controlled.  At least that is what I'm choosing to believe 

Onward to Victory!!!!

10 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Huge congratulations for getting through the toughest week of all Carols!  I totally love your attitude - I do that singing/dance routine too when Nicodemon comes knocking on my door. I line up my kitchen chairs like the cars of a train in my living room and crank up Jethro Tull's 'Locomotive Breath' as loud as the neighbours let me (without complaining . Then I sing into my cell phone (makeshift microphone of course), ride the train cars and dance up a storm until 'Locomotive breath' leaves Nicodemon far in the dust!  If you know that old song, you might catch the symbolism -i.e. -No more loser, stinky, polluting 'locomotive breath' in my agenda anymore -just some hot air under the collar escaping!  'S Fun :) and lets off a bit o' steam too : ) 
Keep it up Carols -  you are Winning!  
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes. Every week gets easier. Congratulations on getting through the toughest week of your quit. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,660.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 605 Hours: 16

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 What ever works Carols.
Your doing great ,Keep it up.
N.O.P.E.
Sherry 

Day 8 and going strong!!!!  Was in a tough spot a few times yesterday but made it through.  When I'm home and in a tough spot I dance around the house singing I'm Free from Tommy by the Who.  Can't do that in public :)

I just Know this week will be easier :)

Reading this thread: