Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Hi

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sammy!!!

Welcome and congrats for giving it another go!  I also quit using Chantix and found this site the same week!  What a recipe for success!  It will REALLY help if you go through the Program (above) and use the tools!  Read and learn from all of your new quit buddies here, too, in the Forum threads!  There is a wealth of information here that will help you along the way!  Keep that Positive Mental Attitude going and crave this quit more than anything else in the world!!!  Freedom is absolutely awesome and you CAN do this!  

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,610.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1067 Hours: 14

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Sammy,

I agree with you that 3 weeks is a kind of weak point in a quit.  It's when the initial 'Wow look what I've done!' has worn off and you are getting tired and fed up fighting.

Now that you have come to SSC for a bit of a support network, we can help you through.  I could not have done it without the great quitters I met here.  I used every available aid to quitting 8 years ago, and I can tell you I still had a huge fight on my hands with the Nicodemon.  Try searching on site here for hints to help with cravings.  There is so much good stuff to read, BUT do post as well...it helps to express yourself at this time.

Do not dwell too much in the past, but look forward and take one day at a time.  It is possible and you can do it!

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke!!!

Love Lolly.  
11 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sammy,
I also quit by using Champix and I also, thankfully, didn't have any side-effects. Well done for trying again and hang in there. The first few days are the worst. Take deep breaths, drink lots of iced water and keep busy. Take a walk when the craving hits, go have a chat with some-one, watch TV, read a book - take your mind off the craving as much as you can. I have realized that the quitting process IS a war... but we can win it.
11 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sammy, day 5 was hard for me too. At midnight I will have 7 days, yay. I heard somewhere that it takes practice to quit & that it takes us about 7 trys. So according to what you said, this is your last time. That's awesome because quitting is so hard. Quite a few years ago I found this site & actually quit smoking for a year & 4mos. This site was a huge help so I'm back here again. I like the quit meter the cravings diary, all the great people, support & of course the health educators. For me the more knowledge the better. It's a shame that we let stupid cig's have so much power over us. I hope this will be your's & mine last quit. It's great you have so much practice under your belt. What helps me is knowing that the hard part is only temporary. And since millions of others have quit then so can I. I've put it out there on facebook & told my family & friends so that has made my committment stronger. Anyhow, wishing you success in your quit!! There's so many people here to support us :)

Your quit buddy,
Cherie 
11 years ago 0 11221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sammy!

It sounds like you have a good plan - keeping trying until it works! With that attitude you will eventually get there. Reflecting on what you have learned is also key. You may find it helpful to work your way through the program. You can also search through the forums. Post here daily, especially when you have cravings.

We'll help you get this!

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well he I go again....I have tried to quit smoking I think 5 or 6 other times. But I have always said I will not give up on trying to quit. The biggest thing for me is I know I need to give this nasty habit up just on past family history.
For this quit I am on champix, and so far I haven't had any side effects other than a few dreams. I think I can handle them. My week point when I go back to smoking is 3 weeks, not sure why but I have done a lot of going over my failed quits to try and find out what went wrong.
Today is day 5 and I seem to be having abit of trouble this morning, that's why I decided to join this site for alittle advice.

Thanks

Reading this thread: