Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

The Dirty Truth About E-cigs

8 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey ashley, i know alot of people who use the e-cigerettes and it seems that they always have it hanging out of their mouths toking on it. i always herd that the oil used is not good for you. just seems to me that you are trading one habit for another habit. the next thing is what kind of long term bad is going to appear after years of use. my kid trades between cigerettes and e-cigerette depends on where he is.don't know.

took me many times to finally stop and not cheat and i have made it finally 5.5 to 6.0 months no cigerettes or weed and feel great. think what gave me help the time was having to have a hip replacement surgery. i hear that you heal better if you are a nonsmoker.

just my experience and opinion.
good day to all and never give up.

the poorguy
9 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Same with all alleged quit-smoking accessories - follow the money!
  • Quit Meter

$56,639.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1121 Hours: 21

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That claim is false about being 30% less likely to quit. The only times I've set records in how long I've gone without using tobacco was when I used a vapor pen before going cold turkey.  Any claim that tells people one group of people who do this over something else are less likely or more likely to quit is BS. Its not just about the method somebody chooses to quit, its also more about the technique. 

I can easily vaporize 100mg of nicotine per 24 hours for a whole month and quit without a problem. Smoking one pack a day for a week is the most difficult thing to get off of when going cold turkey. I choose vapor pens over the patch only because the night terrors from the patch even if I take it off and shower an hour or two before bed. 
9 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

I just watched a video about e-cigerettes from Discovery News and I thought you all would be interested to watch as well.

According to a recent study the claims e-cig manufactorers are making about the products cannot be support by the data. In fact, they say people who use e-cigs are 30% less likely to be successful at quitting! 

Please let us know your thoughts.

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: