Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

How to be a non-smoker

11 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley, The first few months of my quit I avoided places where I knew people would be smoking but I also knew that I would have to deal with smokers eventually. So at first I would avoid going to the local VFW Hall where smoking is permitted(big time!) After awhile though I started to go there again and found it was really not a problem. I remembered A passage from Joel Spitzer (sp?) advising to watch how people actually smoked. Every 20 minutes or so another one got lit and I knew I did not want to smoke like that again. Then, after a year or so, I realized that I just didn't want to go there anymore. The atmosphere is just too unpleasant. I still visit with my friends from there but I see them in others places now. 
11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A lot of new quitters have a hard time adjusting to their new smoke-free life.  They find it hard to socialize with their old friends and frequent their old hang-outs. Let’s hear some tips or techniques that have helped you settle in to your new lifestyle. 
Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: