Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Found Helpful and Give Support Function

11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I also like both of these features a lot. When I see that someone has found my posts helpful or offered a vote of support I feel more connected to other members who are reading. I usually click to see who has found my post helpful or given support, as this helps me to visualize a real person (whether  they have posted a photo of themselves or not). Knowing that someone like Roses is quietly reading and either 1) getting something out of it or 2) thinking along the lines of "you go, girl!" makes me feel more like , "Yay! Someone cares. I can do this." (I used Roses as an example since she posted on this thread.)
  • Quit Meter

$22,361.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 597 Hours: 19

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Red!

Much appreciated. Every members feedback will be seriously considered when we review the feature. 

Congrats on 24 days too! Wow, time is flying!

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Original Post by: Ashley Health Educator
Hi everyone!

We have been thinking about the Found Helpful (thumbs up symbol)and Give Support (heart symbol) functionality and we wanted to know your oppinion:

Do you like it?
What do you like or dislike about it?
Do you find it confusing?
If you had to pick one which would you pick?
Any other suggestions?

Your input always helps us shape the site and in turn help other people so please speak up! 

Thank you,

Ashley, Health Educator
Ashley,

Yes I like both of these features. It allows me to give support without having to compose a post when I am short on time.  It also gives me support when others use this feature. Not everyone wants to write a personal post but can still support others with these features..No matter what the delivery or means I think giving and receiving support is crucial when trying to quit or stay quit..This why I joined this support group....It would help if there were  more active members in the support group here on this site..

Well that's my two cents worth..You asked....
Red...

Hi members,

Just a reminder, your feedback about features on the site is incredibly valuable so please comment.

Thank you,

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi everyone!

We have been thinking about the Found Helpful (thumbs up symbol)and Give Support (heart symbol) functionality and we wanted to know your oppinion:

Do you like it?
What do you like or dislike about it?
Do you find it confusing?
If you had to pick one which would you pick?
Any other suggestions?

Your input always helps us shape the site and in turn help other people so please speak up! 

Thank you,

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: