Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Checking In

12 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, everybody, just popping by. How is everybody?
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great update Willis!

It sounds like you are doing great.  Smoking dreams are quite common especially within the first year of a quit.  Use them as little reminders to keep your guard up. It sounds like you have a great mind set to move forward. Other than the physical benefits it also sounds like quitting smoking has changed you in other ways. How do you think quitting smoking has changed you or your outlook?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley, Just Checking in . Strange thing. I think less and less about smoking these days. That's THINKING not craving or wanting that doesn't happen at all anymore. BUT last night I DREAMED  I wanted to smoke. I don"t remember much other than I was with some old friends I hardly ever think about no less see anymore and they were all smoking and laughing and offering me a smoke. I remember wanting to do it but delaying and delaying and then I woke up. It disturbed me for awhile as I psychoanalyzed myself and I eventually just let it go.

I guess smoking is so ingrained in my psyche that it will pop up now and again for the rest of my life. I do feel though, that I have the tools now to deal with that and this site is a big part of the tool box. For those newbies just starting out- don't let these stories put you off. The thoughts and occasional dream or minor crave lasts just seconds and the rest of my life is free and clean and I am so much happier everyday because I don't smoke anymore ! Thanks for reading and letting me vent.

William - Free and Healing for Eight Months, 19 Hours and 38 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 29 Days and 12 Hours, by avoiding the use of 8499 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $3,862.81.
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing?
Are you having a hard time? 
How are you coping?
What triggered it?

Take the time to post how you are doing, even if it is not positive. We learn from one another and the members may be able to give you some support and advice to help you through.

Prepare for those tough times and learn from the previous ones.  You have the pieces to complete the puzzle, let us work together to finish it.
Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: