Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I slipped up

16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll glue the patches to my skin if I have to!!!! LOL Tonight I feel a real sense of accomplishment. After just one puff of the "forbidden", you get the craving again. But I made it through and at the end of the day, I'm going to bed feeling pretty happy with myself. N.O.P.E. Sleep tight, Jan ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Jan - You didn't throw in the towel...Being around smokers can be quite a challenge at the beginning of our quits. Keep patches firmly attached! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 503 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,515.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to hang in there girl, we just gotta keep getting back on the horse (sorry mr ed). We gotta show the junkie who is in control! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Thanks for the support! I really needed that. Now that my crazy week is over I intend to stay close...REAL close. Today has been a bit of a struggle I'll admit, but its a small price to pay for protecting this quit. My coping tool this afternoon is...salt and vinegar chips! Thanks for being there, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Those darn puffs, they will get you every time. I proud of you for resetting, we both know those few puffs will ruin everything. You are going to get this done, I know it. We are like retreads, but we keep trying. Don't worry my friend one day the quit will stick. Windy would say it will stick like jello to the wall LOL. Stay close and hold our hands and take it a day at a time. [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/osd1944/huggroupcully.gif[/IMG] Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 272 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $408.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Jan. People here always say "a slip doesn't have to be a relapse" and they are so right. Smoking is a choice. Good job! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 155 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $906.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, Thanks for being honest and jumping right back on the horse! You can learn from this and we can help :) Josie, Health Educator
Hi everyone, I haven't been here for a bit. I usually work part time hours but took up a temporary assignment for the past week. Busy...busy...busy! Glad that's over. My story is this...however. By mid last week I ran out of patches(still on Zyban), and thought I could do without them. After all, I was managing alright. Or so I thought. Last night hubby and I went over to friends' house for the evening. There were smokers there, and well, a few "puffs" got the better of me. I didn't let it get any further than a few puffs, but still it was too much. I got up first thing this morning and picked up more patches. I will NOT go without them right now. I need to protect this quit. So, to remind myself of how "sneaky" this addiction can be, I've decided to set my quit meter with a new start today. So with patch firmly attached to my arm, I intend not to let this happen again! Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39

Reading this thread: