Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Champix and children saved me

3 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 2

Hi Pumpkinss,

Congratulations on being free from your addiction for 8 years now. 👍 This Halloween will be 7 years for me. I agree with you. It's the BEST thing that's happened. (Other than having little ones) The patch helped me quit, and like Champix, it took the edge off and let me work on the mental part.

Glad to hear you are still smoke free.

Stay safe in these days....

• Quit Meter

$23,135.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 769 Hours: 20

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

3 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 2

Hello.

I am currently in the other group trying to work on my drinking but I thought I would come here to offer my support to other members trying to quit. I quit smoking 8 years ago when I had my kids and it was the smartest change I have ever made. I used to think I would never quit but having kids sure changes that. I had tried to quit multiple times but i was never able to stick with it. When my husband and I started talking about kids I knew I wanted to be completely off smoking before even trying so I talked to my doctor about it. He suggested Champix. I am not big on taking pharmaceuticals but I was desperate to try anything so I did. It helped tremndously! Don't get me wrong, quitting was no walk in the park but Champix gave me the added edge. I remember having bad dreams and later missing some old smoking rituals but I got through it and now I don't even think about smoking unless someone is smoking around me. If you are thinking do it!! You will not regret it. I will be here offering advice when I can. I think there are other people here who quit already. I wonder what you guys think helped you to quit?

• Quit Meter

$2,791.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 429 Hours: 20

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: