Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Day 2 smoke free

9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ricki M,
 Welcome to the SSC.
Day three and I hope you're still smoke free. As you said, smoking and drinking seem to go hand in hand for some people. Try to avoid the alcohol if you can until you have your quit well under control. It only takes one slip to blow a quit you had going.
 Each day "should" be easier than the previous day, but there are times when the 5th day or 35th day seems to be worse than the first few days were. The triggers for wanting a cigarette are everywhere, and you have to be on your guard at all times. 
 Kids and grandchildren are a great motivation for quitting smoking.    Try and keep them in mind when another urge comes on, and just say no. 
 Make sure you reward yourself for your efforts too. You need to re-enforce the reason that you're quitting, and rewards help do that. Rewards do not have to cost anything either. Treat yourself to a bubble bath, or take a stroll through a park. Anything to give you enjoyment for the struggles and accomplishments you've dealt with. (Just not a drink, at least not yet.) 
Stay strong!

N.O.P.E. 

• Quit Meter

$23,480.05

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 756 Hours: 5

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good eveing Ricki

I have been smoke free for 1 week now and found that day 3 and 4 were harder then day 1 and 2 for me but is getting easer at the end of the week.hang in there you can do this for your self and your family. Good luck.

Office boy
9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my second day of not smoking. I'm using the nicotine lozenges to help with the cravings. Yesterday seemed easier than today. I have quit many times before but this time hung on longer than I expected. It stared with a few drinks as they seem to go together for me but this last time I kept on smoking. This has been going on for about 3 months this time but long enough to get me good and hooked again. I cannot believe I let this happen but I knew better when I lit up, but I had been able to quit before(when I drank) and this time I couldn't. I'm not getting any younger as I am a grandma and sure wouldn't want my grandkids to pick up this habit. And they don't like grandma to do so either. I can't tell you how many times I have quit but it has been numerous over the years and would like this to be the last. Ricki M.

Reading this thread: