Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Quiting for GOOD

9 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tim,

Thanks so Much for the Kind words! I am going on the start of my 6th Month!!! I cant hardly believe it!  I feel like a million dollars.  I am sleeping great, I have less heartburn, and best of all Plenty of energy!!! You are right, I should get my meter running to continue my achievements! I started a "fund" so to speak, and have already saved up almost $150.  The plan is to take my son on a mini vacation before the end of summer.  Spring has sprung and I am thankful for my health and support I have gotten thus far.  My father on the other hand, not so successful, but I am going to continue to support him as well. I will begin my Meter!!!! Have a fabulous Spring Day and Breathe Easy my friend!

Nichole
9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Nicdewall,
 Three months without smoking is awesome! I hope you are rewarding yourself for your accomplishments.  You need to get your meter running on here so we can keep track of and congratulate you on your milestones. It sounds like the benefits of quitting surprises you. Wait until springtime when the flowers start blooming. Your nose is going to love all the different aromas that will be in the air. 
 Good luck with your father, but don't get your hopes up too high. You cant't make someone quit if they themselves do not have the mindset to do so. It never hurts to keep trying though.
Stay strong my friend. 
N.O.P.E. 

• Quit Meter

$23,298.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 750 Hours: 4

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Giong on 3 months without  smoking. Using the tools and support from all of you and the tools on the site. I have came across useful ways to help cravings and in social situations.  I have had success with the Nicotine Gum.  I use this anytime during the day or night.  As far as health wise, I have more energy, I feel better all around.  I am also sleeping better, which is a HUGE benefit that I was not expecting to gain.  It makes work life and spending time with my son much more enjoyable. I am now trying to get my father to quit smoking again. He, like myself is a many time quitter and goes back to smoking.  This is my ultimate goal.  thank you all for the continued support.  I will be cka to let you know how it is going very soon.!

Hi Tim and Ashley,

Thanks for the tip, Tim.  I will definitely utilize the tools on this site.  I have come to a few conclusions and triggers since my last entry.  It definitely plays a part to my surroundings.....not so much where I am, but who I am with.  Which is good to realize this, but also it creates a problem of being around certain family members.  I can't NOT be around my brother, sister-in-law, and father.  Heck even my grandfather smokes.  We are a close family and about 6 of my immediate family smoke.  This is when I have weak moments.  I am going to have to come up with a regimen how to get past the cravings, while still enjoying time with my family.   I am Still smoke free, and have yet to give in to temptation, I just need ways to make it easier until I am confident in myself.  

Thanks everyone.  I hope to have some positive results (especially during the Holidays)!!!!!

Nichole
9 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds great.

Let us know what you come up with.

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nicdewall,
 You're almost past heck week, and I hope you're still smoke free. Be sure and check out the program at the top of the page. It may give you some tools to help with those "moments of weakness" and other excuses for lighting up. I quit with the patch, and a pocket full of lifesavers.  Just do whatever it takes to fight the urge. Third times the charm you know.  I wish you the best on your journey. Hang in there and stay strong!
  • Quit Meter

$23,298.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 750 Hours: 4

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the positive words.  I am grateful fo 10 days smoke free.  I actually never thought to really peice together exactly the "when, where, why's" of my down moments to determin a rational for the "giving into temptaion". I know in years past, it was about who I was with, what activity I was partaking in, and my mood was ususally carefree and/or frusturated/stressed. I will work on using this as a tool throughout day to day activities, and see what comes of the cravings and the time in check. I willl start my Log book/ Journal and see if I can come up with some ideas. 

Nichole
9 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Congratulations on getting started. It's good to hear you have experience in quitting - the knowledge you gained when you quit last time will assist you now. When you had moments of "weakness" before what triggered you? How can you prepare for this trigger?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi all, My name is Nichole.  I am a smoker on and off for the last 15 years.  I am trying for the 3rd and last time to stop completley and For GOOD... I thought that perhaps a support group that I could reach out to at a moments notice would be a better fit for me.  I have tried medications (the side affects where too much to handle).  So this time I am giving it a go with Nicotette and this site and its resources.  I have had sucess in the past, but always go back due to a "situation" or a moment of "weakness" and not so much a craving.  I am in the medical field, so being tobacco free is very imprtant to me.  Looking for tips, ideas, and tools to help me beat those moments and perhaps some tools to cope with stressors, rather than turning to a cigarette at the moment.  I truely only somke about 10 cigs a week (at VERY most) so I hope this will be the help I need to be free completley.  Thanks all in advance for any input and words of support....day 3 smoke free is in the books.

Nichole

Reading this thread: