Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

PM is here and I fell for JUST ONE

10 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you can also try reading about Robert the Bruce and the spider. Google it.. If you fail try, try and try again.. You will eventually succeed
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Paul!!!

Are you still hanging in there?  You know that this is the hardest thing in the world to accomplish and you've known it for a long time.  Just know that if you want your freedom more than you want to smoke, you CAN do this!  You have to crave your freedom so much that you will do ANYTHING to achieve it!  That means living by N. O. P. E. !!!  Not One Puff Ever means never smoking "just one".   We all know that it's hard, but it's not so hard that you can't do it! 

So, if you haven't done so, do your prep work once again.  Get your new list of reasons to quit together, get your crave basket together, get you list of coping mechanisms printed out, set your quit date once again and begin to psych yourself up for regain your freedom and all the battles.  Know that you can do this and vow to win every battle!  This time will be different because you will know that you ARE going to live by NOPE and you WILL gain your freedom!

Crave your quit and your freedom, Paul!  You can do this!!!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,377.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 0

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul, so you rode the horse for 7 days then fell off.  Welcome to the world of quitting a horrible addiction!  Pull yourself back up and start again!  Everybody's path to freedom from smoking is different.  Some do it the first time, and others have a few diversions.  You know what works, so adjust your quit plan and do it again!  We're all rooting for your success!
Paul let us know how your doing...
10 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul -- congrats on a week without a smoke. Pat yourself on the back for 7 days that you WON!!! Resolve to be stronger and begin again. Reward yourself often.....and NOT with a smoke like I used to. Read old posts and blogs...walk...drink ice water...post....scream....whatever...the first weeks will be the most challenging. Know that the Nicodemon is an SOB and lurks everywhere searching for a crack in your armor. Guard yourself and be prepared! You can do this....just refuse to smoke again. Not One Puff Ever...... One minute, hour, day and week at a time...you are a winner.... Keep the Quit, Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,615.82

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1127 Hours: 12

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great support everyone!

Listening to any voices is your head is BAD!

Keep pushing forward, use coping mechanisms and post for help!\\

We are always here for you!

Josie, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Paul,
 The best advice I can give you is to just start over and learn from your mistake. Do you know what the trigger was that told you it was okay to smoke JUST ONE MORE? Do you think you can avoid it the next time? I hope you can because you know what it takes to go through hell week. You've did it before and now you have to do it all over again. It's nothing to look forward to is it?   Don't be too hard on yourself for your failure, but do remember how you feel now for the next time the thought of smoking hits you.  You know the routine now. Dust yourself off and get back on your quit! 
  • Quit Meter

$23,298.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 750 Hours: 4

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Paul I can understand how you feel. I wanted to stop for years. If you managed to stop for a week then you can kick the habit/addoction for good. As a smoker I was always petrified with the idea that maybe I wouldn't be able to smoke. It's that fear which keeps everyone smoking. It's always that one more or one last cigarette. So let us know how you felt for that week while you were not smoking. I bet you felt great and enjoyed that week otherwise you wouldn't be so sad you started. Listen you can do it. What happened was a small hiccup. just try again and keep trying. It's easy just don't buy any. If you managed a week then you can do 10 years easy. just tell yourself you will not smoke again and do it. when that small voice says just one more take 10 deep breaths of fresh air and move on keep us posted and don't give up of you want it you can do it, you have already proven to me at least that you can do it take care John
10 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Paul,

I'm still pretty new here and just finished one week...so I'm not sure how much help I have to offer just yet but wanted to wish you a good first day!  There is no such thing as Just One - it's a lesson and something that I'm keeping close in my mind because I know, one for me is all of them and then some.

Hang in there!
Motivated
10 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone well I quit for 7 days and fell for JUST ONE witch led me to a pack Now I dont know what to do. This little voice in my mind told me to have JUST ONE. Now I am realy mad at myself feeling like crying, putting myself down. HELP ME PLEASE.
  • Quit Meter

$115,838.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8849 Hours: 10

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: