Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,661 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

day 2 of no smoking

12 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CD, those 2 smoke free days look pretty amazing on ya!  Keep taking it one day at a time, one hour at a time if you need to.  Stay close to this site.  Post when you need advice or help.  Keep busy.  Reward yourself!!!  We're all rooting for your success!
12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the sight! I'm 23 and I was smoking for 7 years. I'm only on my 7th day of quitting. You have my support if you need it!!
12 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi cd, yay for you! You made it through that first day. Just take one crave at a time. Breathe deeply, drink some cold water, talk to yourself, just get through it. If all else fails, take a shower. You can't smoke in there : ) It does get easier. Really. Read through posts here. They might help get a perspective on your quit
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello CD105715,

Welcome to our online support community and thank you for introducing yourself. 
Congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking! Prepare yourself for any potential cravings you may have along the way by making a list of coping mechanisms and also reasons why you are quitting smoking. Work through the online program and post often!

We are here for you!

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am new to this forum and Just wanted to introduce myself.

I am a 26 year old female, and have been smoking for about 8 years. I have tried to quit smoking, but obviosly was unsuccesful. I tried Chantix in January. It relieved me of all cravings of nicotene, but I hated the way it made me feel, so I stopped taking it.
Yesterday was day one of quitting cold turkey, and I am determined to quit this time. Yesterday was extremely hard, and I even found myself crying over the fact of not smoking and because it was just so hard to deal with! Needless-to-say, it was a rough day!!!

I feel much better today, and I'm ready to continue my battle to beat this demon!!

Reading this thread: