Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Line in the sand

12 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Terry,

I am sorry you are having a difficult time in your quit now.  Two days means you are right smack in the middle of Hell Week.  They call it Hell Week for a reason; it's not easy, in fact it will be the fight of your life, you are in fact fighting for your life.  This is terrible addiction but you can and will beat it.  You have been given some great advice, take it one minute, one hour, one day at a time.  Read through the program and arm yourself with all the information you can find.  Post and read here often, many members attribute their quit to the support they have recieved here at the SSC.

What made you decide to quit now?  What's motivating you?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello again Terry and Happy Birthday!  You are giving yourself the best present you ever got by quiting smoking for GOOD !!

I saw something you may want to read and lifted it.

While the first few days may feel like an emotional train wreck, beyond them, with each passing day the challenges grow fewer, generally less intense and shorter in duration. Recovery leads to a calm and quiet mind where addiction chatter and wanting gradually fade into rarity, where the ex-smoker begins going days, weeks or even months without once wanting for nicotine.

Recovery is good, not bad. It needs to be embraced not feared. The good news is that everything done while under nicotine's influence can be done as well or better without it.

12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terry ! you made the smart move by stopping smoking and coming to SSC. @ days that's great. Withdrawl symptoms usually peak at 72 hours. Tomorrow nearly all the nicotine will have left your body and withdrawl symptoms will start to subside. Your body is already well underway in healing itself.

Somethings that helped me was to sip ice water when "raging" and take very slow , deep breaths. It gets easier Terry and you will Love being and ex-smoker. You will Love your new life. Take it one day at a time one hour at a time. It is so worth it ! And beleive it or not its gets easier everyday !
12 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I celebrated my birthday on Saturday and have not smoked for 2 days now. Gotta be honest, it has been extremely difficult. I am raging for a cigarette, this is worse than stoping drinking or getting refined sugar out of my diet. Any pearls of wisdom to help? Cheers! Terry13z

Reading this thread: