Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Hi Folks

13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky!

Great lessons, awesome tools and amazing attitude!

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks peeps, 
I had the meter on, but didnt put the quit date, hopefully it works now, if not i will play with the settings later today.

Ash Lil - My mood swings was soo bad when i tried cold turkey, when the withdrawal peaked on the second day.. I was yelling at my wife and almost kicked her out of the house (don't worry.. she can kick my ass) .. only to realize how psychotic i sounded and calmed down..  

Ashley - 
Lessons Learned
1) I can actually do it
2) in order for this to work is to not have "just one" 
3) See Lesson 1
4) its not the number of attempts thats important its the last one that is..

Tools used (This keeps growing with each attempt)
- an NRT, Green Tea, Cold Water, juice,multi-vitamin, meditation, exercise, the reason i'm actually doing this and the real reason not a half asked reason for the sake of type thing..

In case your all wondering my real reason for doing this is.. 
- the short honest answer - 
I dont want to die..

I want to be around to see my son grow up, to retire and be active.. 

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 9/12/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 24
Amount Saved: $8.64
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 8 Mins: 13 Seconds: 41

13 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Sparky! Nice to meet you!

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 9/17/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 1093
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 65,580
Amount Saved: $14,919.45
Life Gained:
Days: 170 Hrs: 4 Mins: 43 Seconds: 0

13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Sparky.
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 501
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,028
Amount Saved: $5,961.90
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 7 Mins: 44 Seconds: 55

13 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparky,
I thought for a moment you were another member with the same name who I thought was coming back to make another quit. She is very well known around here so you may meet her as another Sparky.  I'm hoping she will come back and quit for good.  Anyhow Eric I hope this quit goes well for you. Ron  

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 818
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,724
Amount Saved: $5,153.40
Life Gained:
Days: 127 Hrs: 11 Mins: 53 Seconds: 46

13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky!  I could be wrong, but I seem to think that we knew each other in a past quit.  If so, nice to see you again!  If not, nice to meet you....

peteg

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 9/13/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 4 Mins: 2 Seconds: 44

13 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Sparky

Nice to 'meet' you on day two of your quit.  I am a self confessed serial quitter ... although this time I AM going to do it!!  I have tried the lozenge, the patch, the inhaler, the chewing gum and the micro tabs - although not all at the same time :)  Have to say I have never tried cold turkey - I dont think this would work for me ... although it might if I had duct tape around my mouth, tied up my hands and then locked in a darkened cupboard for six months or so, I am sure that my husband would be only to delighted to assist with this particular method of quitting!!

I am currently trying the patch (again!) coupled with food, food and a little more food, alongside playing stupid games on the computer and wringing my hands at every given opportunity ... oh! and moaning and shouting (a little ... well ok ... a lot!)  but I have found that these methods have dragged me to day four of this quit  

Keep us up to date with how things are going for you ... the good ... the bad ... and ... the ugly!!  You should put up your quit meter so you can see how well you are doing ... I think you get it in your profile ... but then again I could be wrong ... maybe one of the more 'experienced' quitters will keep you right with that! ... see you soon.  Keep at it!! 

Lil x

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 9/9/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 60
Amount Saved: �18.90
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 10 Mins: 41 Seconds: 50

13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sparky!

A lot of successful quits occur at the spur of the moment! Good for you for going for it!

Read over the program ot prepare yourself.  Plan to post often in the forums.  We are all here to support you!

I am glad you are able to learn from each quit attempt.  This is so important.  What do you think was one of your most important lessons?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just wanted to introduce myself here.. I'm on day two and so far so good.. I'm currently using the lozenges and am finding it effective against the withdrawal symptoms..but i still have a long way to go.. Tried the patch and cold turkey several times, last attempt with the patch it felt like it wasnt working very well and I wasnt able to sleep all week.. Cold Turkey wasnt an option this time round because the withdrawal symptoms seemed stronger somehow.. I knew i needed help and decided to use an aid..

I didnt follow the program this time..no quit date, no farewell cig, got the Lozenges but didnt know when I was going to use it.. and yesterday morning i just started using it.. it was time and now committed to it.. I have tried quitting several times and find that in each attempt i learn something new making the next attempt easier..

Sparky aka Eric

Reading this thread: