Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

hello again

15 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Crik,

I agree take your time get it right in your head and prepare yourself.  I also agree If you half  know what to expect with the changes you go through then it's a lot easier.  Come on to the site and read the posts there will always be someone to help you get through a bad patch someone who knows how you are feeling at that moment.  If you decide to take this journey it will be the best trip you will ever take. Good luck Crik

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/2/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 197
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,910
Amount Saved: �2,157.15
Life Gained:
Days: 27 Hrs: 3 Mins: 46 Seconds: 20

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Crik,  think hard about the real tangible benefits of NOT smoking and repeat those over and over in your head.  Why not lie down on the floor every time you get an anxiety attack about quitting and do some calisthenics or yoga until your anxiety levels drop...?

patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 181
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,525
Amount Saved: $2,036.25
Life Gained:
Days: 33 Hrs: 15 Mins: 22 Seconds: 54

15 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Crik, do what feels right for you.
Some people dive in head first, some peaople need a bit of coaxing, either way reading about the addiction is good ammo.
the more you know about it the easy it is to understand what's going on with your body / mind & your quit.

The emotional thing is the hardest as you probably already know, if you can sought through the mind games it's quite a ride !

all the best.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/1/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1293
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 45,255
Amount Saved: $8,404.50
Life Gained:
Days: 189 Hrs: 23 Mins: 18 Seconds: 16

• Quit Meter

$12,553.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 628 Hours: 1

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Crik

I remember you were having some issues with depression/anxiety from your previous posts.  That for me was almost the deal breaker.  but I have a great doc who explained what was happening with the chemical imbalances that some experience when stopping the addiction. If that is an issue this time, make sure to consult your doc.  It took a couple months for me but it did get better and lately I feel less anxious, more relaxed,  than when I was smoking.  I feel like I had to learn how to breathe properly.

Did you work through the program?  Patrick is so right about the preparation.  I really think it is one of the keys to success.    Good Luck and we'll talk to you soon.

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 239
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,585
Amount Saved: $806.63
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 11 Mins: 10 Seconds: 29

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Preparation is everything, Crik.  You're taking the time to fix the programme in your mind and all the motivation and the tactics to accomplish the quit.   Keep reading and posting right up to the Quit Date and think hard about what your life will be like after you quit.   There's nothing quite like the self-esteem boost that you will experience when you have lived a day and then a week and then a month without the little tube of  smouldering weed between you fingers...

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 179
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,475
Amount Saved: $2,013.75
Life Gained:
Days: 33 Hrs: 7 Mins: 23 Seconds: 39

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Crik! good to see you back- I wondered where you'd gone!
Dont be scared Crik- I know that feeling I was exactly the same- making that final step into the quit was like stepping into the abyss for me- and you know when I actually did I thought- hey its not so bad at all- the thought was worse than the deed!
Looking forward to helping you later in August ((hugs)) Karren.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 66
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,650
Amount Saved: $990.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 18 Mins: 45 Seconds: 40

Reading this thread: